Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penn State Industries Question

Penn State Industries Question

Has anyone else had problems with Penn State Industries' customer service? I bought a gift certificate for my dad several months ago and he has had nothing but trouble trying to use it.

I'm in the process of writing a letter to their customer service, but I'd really like to send a copy directly to the owner. Anyone have any contact info?

Anecdotal data indicates PSI is almost as bad as Laguna for customer service. I've heard complaints from numerous people on a variety of issues. I've made a few purchases from them (pens only) and did not have problems, but I have not dealt with them for several years.

Ed:
    I have used them for several years and I continue to purchase from them. I have no complaints. I have ordered the wrong things before and called to exchange with no problems. I think it is a family owned business and if you have gotten no joy from customer service, try one of the owners. Their website is the best source for contact info and for company info.
    All the best.

Don

I, too, use PSI and have had no problems. I deal with them almost exclusively. There was one time around the first of a year when they had a heck of a time. Not sure what the deal was, but it had to do with closing one year and starting another.

Ed,

I would suggest you contact Pam Levy at Penn State Industries. We have done business with them for years and have been extremely happy. I am sure they will make things right for you.

Jackie

Blog Entries
    I've had nothing but good service with them.

Thanks all. This is the type of information I based my purchase of the gift card on in the first place.

Jackie, thanks for a contact!

About 3 yrs ago I had problems and I think they had some problems then. Since then I haven't had any problems at all. Ship pretty quick and they have taken care of any problems I have had.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Long time good service!

I have not encountered any problems with them in over ten years of service. May your problem be taken care of quickly.
    Bob

I too have ordered quite a bit from Penn State and never had a problem. I called with a problem I had once regarding a chisel and they replaced it. Shipping has always been accurate and fast.

My experience with PSI customer service has ranged anywhere from exceptional to OK. Sometimes they are bit slow and need a little prodding, but I still feel good about them.
    Brian

Sawdust Formation Engineer
    in charge of Blade Dulling

I purchased there slow speed grinder a few years ago. The sharping jig had been missed drilled to the tool rest. (they do the drilling in house I was told)
    I got to talk to the "Guy in the shop" He told me "If two of the three holes line up, What is the problem??". I just had to square up the wheel with the jig to fix but that kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. I have purchased small things from them but would never buy a dust collector or the like from them after that.

FYI- That slow speed grinder is a boat anchor. It moves so slow it takes forever to sharpen with it.
    I own there Pocket Hole Jig and it has been a good value.

Last edited by Dave Lehnert; 11-23-2008 at 11:07 PM.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Woodturningz Alternative

Woodturningz carries nearly every item in the Penn State catalog (under the same stock numbers) and they usually charge less than Penn State. Their service has been very good.

Steve

I was shopping around (and still am) for some dust collection fittings. I noticed that PSI had its economy quad drop kit, and was originally listed for $99, with a Reg. price of $125. A couple of days later the price was listed as "$125, with a retail of $113. You save ($12.00)" That was confusing.

So, I used their Web site 'contact us' to ask what was going on with the pricing. I also asked if the fittings came as separate pieces or were permanently attached. Over three weeks later I have still not received a response. I have noticed that the price is now listed as "$125.00, Reg. Price $151.85, You save $26.85."

Take it as you will. That is just my recent experience.

I bought a chuck from tham, and had not gotten to use it much, when somethingg went terribly wrong. I could not find any of my informtaion on it, as I've been in the moving situation. I called and they worked with me extremely well. I now have a new chuck. No problems. Easiest over the web situation I've ever dealt with.
    Be a mentor, it's so much more fun throwing someone else into the vortex, than swirling it alone!