Thread: Articles and Flyers!

Articles and Flyers!

Hi Everybody! I've been scarce lately. No excuse, just stupid things like work and such.

I do want to draw your attention to the new issue of the American Woodturner magazine, and the article on the Freedom Pen Project in there. I am hoping that this article will bring some experienced turners to the Project! This is a good thing that we are doing, and I want to spread that around. I have been awful about actually turning any pens, but I wanted to contribute, and I hope this article meets with your approval!

I also managed to include a short article on the FPP in the current issue of More Woodturning. If you're a woodturner, and you don't get More Woodturning, check them out! And I'm not saying that just because I write a column for them!

But now I need to ask for some help. The Penturners Rendezvous is next week, and I need a really nice flyer to distribute there that will get people involved in the Freedom Pen Project! I know some of you have done really nice flyers for Turn-a-thons, and I suspect that one of those could be modified for the Penturners Rendezvous. If you don't know about the Rendezvous, check out their website: http://www.turtlewoodworks.com/provo04/provo04.htm

So please, if you can help with a flyer, E-Mail me at "scott at penturners dot org". I hope that's explanatory enough without putting me on anybody's spam list!

Thanks in advance for the help! And Keith? I will be sending some pens soon!

Scott.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Greaves

But now I need to ask for some help. The Penturners Rendezvous is next week, and I need a really nice flyer to distribute there that will get people involved in the Freedom Pen Project! I know some of you have done really nice flyers for Turn-a-thons, and I suspect that one of those could be modified for the Penturners Rendezvous.

So please, if you can help with a flyer, E-Mail me at "scott at penturners dot org". I hope that's explanatory enough without putting me on anybody's spam list!

Thanks in advance for the help! And Keith? I will be sending some pens soon!

Scott.
    Scott,

I will e-mail you a couple poster files tonight which you can take to a copy place and have printed.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    Scott,

I will e-mail you a couple poster files tonight which you can take to a copy place and have printed.
    Ken,

Will you send me some too? The ones I cluged together haven't done the program justic.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Thanks Ken!

Scott.

Scott,

Thanks for your efforts promoting the Freedom Pen Project and for the link to the Penturners Rendezvous. While visiting the web site I recognized lots of names and if you can believe it their workmanship since I have been receiving so many pens over the last few months from many of these pen turners.

Without a doubt the Freedom Pens Project is helping to bring new pen turners to the craft and hopefully as their skills progress we will see their work on display at future Penturners Rendezvous events. As a newbie pen turner myself I hope to acquire the skills and get involved in the Penturners Rendezvous in the future.

Thanks Keith!

This is only our second Penturners Rendezvous, and I've had the honor of being on the organization end of both of them. It is truly a great time! If you've ever read the book Turning Pens and Pencils by Rex Burningham and Kip Christensen, you can stop by the Rendezvous and meet them in person, and find out what nice guys they really are! Last year Kip brought his Wife, Son and Daughter!

Turning pens puts us all on common ground! And I truly have to say I have never met a nicer bunch of people! I'll look forward to meeting many of my friends here at Sawmill Creek at a future Rendezvous!

Scott.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

Check Mail & Attention Tyler

Scott - I sent the flyers to both of your e-mail addy's to insure you get them.

Tyler - I need your e-mail addy. PM that to me. I can't add attachments if sent through SMC mail.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    Scott - I sent the flyers to both of your e-mail addy's to insure you get them.

Tyler - I need your e-mail addy. PM that to me. I can't add attachments if sent through SMC mail.
    On the Wire!
    Last edited by Tyler Howell; 06-06-2004 at 1:02 PM.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

I can Vouch for the Busy comment for Scott. Not only does he help do a fantastic job for the Penturners Rendezvous. HE has been getting himself into a ringer every time he turns around putting together a new Penturners group.
    Penturners.org
    Service, Service, Service,
    And now no excusses on the organizing committee Scott
    Daniel

(I also managed to include a short article on the FPP in the current issue of More Woodturning. If you're a woodturner, and you don't get More Woodturning, check them out! And I'm not saying that just because I write a column for them!)

Scott.....so how does one GET More Woodturning?
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Thumbs up Any means to an end.

The pix I posted in SMC presenting a couple of Ken's FPs to my employees were sent out in the monthly report at work (good human interest). Turns out they were shot up the ladder. They ended up in the regional news letter and on to Washington DC to the CEO. Had several inquiries by phone and Email. Not world wide news mind you but the word and web sight got out.

Use it if you can.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

Dennis,

More Woodturning is at:

http://www.fholder.com/Woodturning/woodturn.htm

It is a great newspaper for woodturners!

Scott.