Thread: I'm Baaack

I'm Baaack

It's been a long time since I've been here. I've Either been spending all night and all day at work or working on building a shop. I almost have the shop in the dry, just tar paper the roof this weekend, and then shingle it. It's been painfully slow with me being the only one working on it.

Nice to see things ran so smoothly while I was gone!

I'll have a couple of pics of a few new things I got to turn, but really was just wanting to stop in for a moment and say hi again. Nice to see some of the same people stil posting, and a bunch of new people I get to say hi to. Well, on to posting some of my new work, if I can remember how to do that!
    Be a mentor, it's so much more fun throwing someone else into the vortex, than swirling it alone!

Welcome back Tyler! Looking forward to seeing what you've been turning!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Good to see ya back Tyler

I was wonderin' what happened to ya.
    We had planed on comin' to Lubbock for the big T-Day, but oh well wont happen, but maybe on Santa Day. Maybe I could meet up with ya sometime.
    Take care and stay safe.

Roy
    PS, sorry 'bout Texas Tech
    Walk fast and look worried.

Tyler good to see ya back. Glad to hear you about have the shop done. I built mine and it seemed like forever as I did most all myself.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Tyler,

Good to see you back. I thought of you last week when I was searching through some old posts for 16" lidded containers. I still haven't found one yet, but that is another story. I came across some of your posts, and wondered how the new shop was coming. I will be looking for pictures of the new shop as well as turnings.

Steve
    When all is said and done--more is usually said than done.

Well the shop is almost dried in. I still have to roof in and put the doors on. So pretty much only have the walls build and sheathed and the roof decked. It's pretty well build though. When the building inspector tells you it's way over designed, (which made me weep with pride) you know your good to go. I know I promised a picture book of progress, but things did not work out where I was able to do that (no time).

Roy, any time you are in the area give me notice. I should have the shop done and running in spring, so we could do something when your here. And thanks for brining up bad memories about Tech. It's ok I'm starting to recover now.
    Be a mentor, it's so much more fun throwing someone else into the vortex, than swirling it alone!