Thread: Thanksgiving - Plans and Well Wishes

Thanksgiving - Plans and Well Wishes

Happy Thanksgiving to all Creekers. Thanksgiving morning is a favorite time - spent in the past either duck hunting or working in my workshop. Tomorrow, it will be in the workshop, likely running a 220 V circut for the new moulding machine. Then on to football and a little lunch in the afternoon.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

We will be traveling to Lake Texhoma with 6 dogs!! I can set up for 5 in crates, that means one needs to ride loose up front with us. Never my idea of a good thing to do. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

We're staying at home and celebrating....just the wife and me. I will be working on my daily driver a bit in the morning, then cooking, then onto the couch for a few hours of rest. We usually have a big BBQ, but this year everyone is busy with family or out of town.

Hope everyone has a great day!

My oldest son lives across the Snake River in Clarkston, WA. We'll be going there for Thanksgiving dinner. He and his BIL work for local law enforcement agencies. His BIL has to patrol tomorrow so our dinner will be a little later than usual. I hope to spend most of the day either photographing turnings or preping for some more turnings.

I'm turning Christmas gifts for friends and family. It's a long holiday weekend but I'm on call for NE Oregon, Eastern Washington and Central Idaho. I might get something done..I might not......

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends on the forum.

Hopefully everyone will have a safe, joyful weekend with family and friends.

Regards, Rod.

P.S. UPS ships to Canada, you could always send me some turkey so I could celibrate with you!

wish me luck on not getting into some stupid argument with my in-laws!

Quote Originally Posted by frank shic View Post
    wish me luck on not getting into some stupid argument with my in-laws!

Frank, I see you have my problem, foot-in-mouth syndrome.

My MiL is fantastic, my FiL however likes to make comments on my furniture since he's a retired cabinetmaker. He does it simply to see if he can get me going, and sometimes I'm stupid enough to rise to the bait.

Good Luck frank, have a great Thanksgiving.......Rod.

For the first time we're going to a restaurant. Too few family members and too scattered/old to do the 20 around the table with the kids in the den deal anymore. Too bad.

The day after weather permitting, my son's flying us up to NY state so I can visit an aunt and cousins.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Happy Thanksgiving to the Creek,
    We will be spending the day at home, wife cooking, son stealing tid-bits, daughter telling on son, and me just smiling ear-to-ear!
    We are Blessed.
    Victor
    Remember a bad day in the shop is much better than a good day at the office!

Gain additional features, benefits and ad-free access to SMC --> Contribute

Happy Thanksgiving to All,

We are going to Madision Wisconsin for the day, my husband's niece and her husband have hosted for the last four years, they are expecting their first baby in January . Becca was born and raised in Cheeseland, her husband was born and raised in Argentina, their home is always warm and friendly, I love the multicultural experience. Our family has been truely blessed by having almost all cultures represented, Asia, Africa, South America, Australia and most of Europe due to my ancestors . My we all embrace the spirit of Thanksgiving, this is the true spirit of the holiday.

Heather
    Last edited by Heather Thompson; 11-26-2008 at 4:43 PM.
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.

Well, when we are not stuffing our faces with a group of 15 people, I'll be getting started on a tack trunk now that I have my slider's electrical issue solved. That will continue into the weekend when we're not otherwise engaged with equestrian activities.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Much to be thankful for...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

i bet the turkey is glad it's gonna be a duck for supper....

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Frank, I see you have my problem, foot-in-mouth syndrome.

My MiL is fantastic, my FiL however likes to make comments on my furniture since he's a retired cabinetmaker. He does it simply to see if he can get me going, and sometimes I'm stupid enough to rise to the bait.

Good Luck frank, have a great Thanksgiving.......Rod.
    rod, i pity my poor future son-in-laws if they have any interest in trim carpentry or cabinetry lol

We are going to my parents for Thanksgiving dinner. My Mom has had some medical issues over the past few years but said she feels the best she has in two years and wanted to do dinner for all of us. My son and daughter are home from college for the weekend. With all that's going on in the world, we have a lot to be thankful for. Hope everyone has a great day.