Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Progress Report-hunt Co Fair Tat

Thumbs up TAT at the Hunt Co Fair

The Hunt Co Fair is over and the Hunt County Woodturners made 732 pens in 9 days Wow. We had 3 1/2 shifts rained out, we made up by adding 2 more lathes on Friday and Saturday, we had 14 turners over the 9 days. The Freedom Pen Program was recieved very well and we got several pen sponsers, we ran out of pen kits and had to borrow from Art Hendrix to finsh the evening on Saturday. We realy enjoyed doing the TAT and it has become a great club effort. Thanks to the Freedon pen Program for providing so many kits, I would like to think we have made a new group of friends throught out the Freedon Pen Program. The pens will be in the mail as soon as we get them in bags.

Dan Henry
    President Hunt County Woodturners

Congratulations - and Thanks for All Your Hardwork
    I know the troops will really appreciate their pens.
    Keep those lathes spinning
    TheWrightPen.com

All I can say is... WOW!!
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

I just wanted to tell you all that, in case you would like to see pics of our TAT, they are now on our web site at:
    http://www.huntcountywoodturners.org/photos.htm. Some aren't too good because of the cloudy days, but at least you can get an idea of what our humble booth looked like, and see a few of our turners.

We mailed our 732 pens Monday, along with another 94 pens turned by various members of our club over the past month. We are resting up now for the Mesquite Rockler TAT to be held in less than 2 weeks. We will blow the socks off the other Rockler store in Arlington!

Jerry, the wood turned beautifully and we thank you for it.

Julie and others, thanks for the kind words. I think I will print this thread and read all the compliments at our next club meeting. Everyone will love it.

Besides all the pens we made for the troops, we may have recruited 4 or 5 new turners for our club. And we made a lot of new friends.

Art Hendrix
    Commerce, Texas

732 - is that the current record??
    Arvin Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin Brown
    732 - is that the current record??
    hi Arvin,

I believe it is, but just remember to keep apples to apples . . . that was over several days! That shouldn't be compared to a single day's TAT.

Thanks!

Jerry
    Had a Universal 50 watt laser for 3 years and upgraded to a Trotec Speedy 360 80 watt. Shop is full of woodworking tools and equipment that I'm trying to wear out.
    Favorite wood is Mesquite. I love long walks along the sawmill stacks. Looking for tools that understand the inner me - who love me for what I can do with them.