Thread: Strange DP350 Problem

Strange DP350 Problem

I finally took apart my DP350 Delta variable speed 12" drill press due to it increasingly giving me difficulty in changing speeds. It is my first drill press so I did not notice the poor low speed performance from the get go about three years ago. The DP350 has funky interlocking belt pulleys so that they can change their effective diameters and hence change spindle speed. Turns out that the spindle pulleys upper and lower were keyed the same way so that they have never interlocked and have always prevented me from getting to the lowest speeds. Will be contacting Delta to get them to send me the appropriate mating spindle pulley. Anyone have similar problems?

Rich,

I had a similiar problem with my DP-350 as well. This was a couple of years ago, but I contacted Delta and they sent me out the replacement parts no charge. When I compare the new pulley to the old one it was obivious that there had been a design change. I had purchased my drill press shortly after they had first been introduced and Wood magazine recommended it as the best benchtop drill press.

Contact Delta, they should take care of you.

Jim

Thanks, Jim. They are sending me out the new pulley (now packaged as a set with one part number) free. Will repost when I get it installed.
    Rich