Thread: Any Festool deals out there?

Any Festool deals out there?

I'm curious to know whether anyone has seen whether Festool has loosed up its normal iron grip on prices at all. I'm looking to get one of their saws and a dust collector (TS 55 and CT 22) in the next while and figured that if there were any time they might loosen things up, it would be around now. So far, haven't found anything but haven't done extensive looking.

Festool will never have deals, not matter what time of year. But Im sure you know that they do take $50 with the saw/dust extractor combo. Thats about it, unfornately.

Kapex for $500

I contacted my Festool supplier and he said the Kapex was reduced to $500 but that the shipping was a killer!!! - $800 !!!

Pete

Thanks for the heads up! I'll just pick it up myself and bypass the $800 shipping. Heck, I might even pick up two!

David
    Life is a gift, not a guarantee.

There is a Kapex available at tomedepotdotcom. I picked up OF1400EQ and some extras last week. I did not see the Kapex personally but my new router was brand new in the box (as the website stated). I am not connected but based on my experience it is a great deal.
    Les

The only "deals" are the specially priced combinations that generally include the vac. Those deals are available year round.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I was in Woodcraft the other day and asked him how the Kapex was selling. He said he has been selling quite a few. I asked him who was buying them, ie pro's, hobbiest.
    I was suprised when he said "To the Festool Junkies" he has out there.

Festool Junkies!

I Wish!

I remember seeing a picture through Google Image search of 2 skids of Kapex's. Apparently the store associated with festooljunkies.com had ordered all those. While talking to a Woodcraft employee I mentioned that picture. He said that order of Kapex's almost put him out of buisness. He couldnt move them, well thats what he said. He also told me that there (Local Woodcraft) original order of 12 Kapex's when released, is now down to 3.

Apart from the combos, there is another way to save sometimes. When a new tool is introduced, it is sometimes priced below its 'usual' price, for a short time. And this is also true of some tools that are being phased out (some recent deals on drills come to mind).