Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you buy a factory reconditioned PC biscuit joiner online?

Would you buy a factory reconditioned PC biscuit joiner online?

Looking to take advantage of the MS cashback program, and I can save about $25 by buying a factory reconditioned unit with full factory warranty over a non-reconditioned unit, do you think it is worth it? Anything I should be asking the seller about this unit?

Thanks, Scott

Only if it comes from Hardees.

Mike

The factory reconditioned items I've bought online may not have been as pristine in appearance, but the performance has been every bit as good as I would have expected from a "new" item. I personally have no qualms about buying factory reconditioned merchandise. In fact, if there's a choice and there's an appreciable discount, I'll usually opt for the reconditioned.
    Tom Veatch
    Wichita, KS
    USA

I have probably bought reconditioned about 5 or 6 times; haven't been able to tell they weren't new. Go for it. (assuming it is a reputable vendor!)

No risk

Factory reconditioned (FR) usually comes with great warranties and therefore if you are not using them on a TV set for a woodowrking show they turn out to be as good as new or you just exercise the warranty. I don't see how to go wrong really.

I have bought FR a number of times including my staple Bosch Colt and never... not once have I had one fail. TO ME... It is kind of like buying an old house that has already had the foundation settle plus a new warranty.
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

I've purchased reconditioned about five times, and it has worked out everytime. It seems you would probably get a tool that actually went through some meaningful QC inspection. That said, your discount seems a little light IMO. Most of my Dewalt refurbs were selling at a minimum 35% discount a few years ago, and appeared virtually new.

I'm going to vote a big thumbs up for "factory reconditioned" tools. I've gone this route 3 or 4 times and not once had a problem with any of them. I've bought both electric and pneumatic tools and saved a ton of money. I'm my opinion I could not tell these were reconditioned...

Another +1 on reconditioned gear. I've purchased a few reconditioned tools, including a Paslode finish nailer. They've worked great.

My shop and work trailer are full of FR tools. I jump on them whenever I can. I do have about 3 dealers that I buy from regularly and so I know what to expect from them.
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

Same here Never had a issue with any recondition tools I have bought.

Not sure on cordless

I have had no problems with FR tools. The one area I would be hesitant is cordless tools - I assume the batteries aren't new and there is no way I know to test to see how much life they have in them or whether the prior owner abused them by overcharging, leaving them in excessive heat etc. Other than that, you can get some great deals and I have never been burned.

Scott,

I bought my Dewalt Biscuit Joiner reconditioned and it works very well.

Joe

No problems here with recons.

Scott -

Factory reconditioned from a reliable vendor will save you some money. The extra $25, in this case, will buy a lot of biscuits.

The PC biscuit joiner also comes with a Face Frame cutter. With several others the FF cutter is an additional item to purchase.

Go for it,
    Ted

Placitas, NM in the foothills of the Sandia Mountain.
    In most situations, reconditioning involves more quality inspections than manufacturing. I've never been disappointed.

Can;t say the same for "scratch and dent" sales, though.