Thread: New Owner

New Owner

I just confirmed order and delivery for a 60w desktop unit. Motiontek L20 in Canada, Jcut or anyone of a few names elsewhere. 20" x 12" table.
    I have been lurking for a few months, but am impressed with the level of discussion and hope to be able to get some assistance as well as provide some once I get up to speed.
    The primary use of the laser will be for wood working but as a noobie I expect that most flat surfaces will be attempted at one time or another.
    If any one has some setup tips please feel free. I receive the unit this Friday, so after setup, swearing and burning I might have something happening by Sunday.

I update this after the weekend with my experiences.

Devlyn

Hi Devlyn,
    Welcome! I don't know anything about your laser, but I hope the setup goes well. If you have any specific questions, you may find your answers in a search of previous posts. (I do that a lot!) Good luck!
    Margaret Turco

60 watt Universal V-460, Coreldraw X4

Update on setup

Well Saturday was a busy day. Had to build the desk, run the exhaust duct, and assemble everything. Only a few problems so far. The chiller was causing me a bit of a problem. When they say fill it up they mean it.
    Also the laser strength on the right side of the table was low, but checking all of the mirrors and jiggling things a bit fixed that. The hour long ride to the house was smooth but could have been better.
    For those of you who said that the LaserCut 5.1 software left a bit to be desired ... you are very right. I have to get Corel Draw X3 and get it installed. The LaserCut software has too many limitations to be at all useful.

Overall I am pleased with the unit and it has performed well for what I have done so far. I am still in the experimentation mode but by next week hope to be getting things done.

Devlyn