Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Smile "Weekend Doin's"

Friday December 5, 2008

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

Twenty days until Christmas!!

Well, I'm really early this morning. I have to leave soon to transport my golfing buddy to Rockford, IL for a flight to Vegas. He has a house there and spends the winters, coming back to Wisconsin in late April. He's getting out just in time it seems. Cold and snowy is in our forecast. It's 6º right now and we have snow predicted for later today and tomorrow. Looks like we'll have a "white" Christmas.

It's going to be a wee bit too cold for the shop this weekend I'm afraid, so I guess I'll have to amuse myself indoors. I have plenty to do inside, it's just a matter of doing it. I have to do some Christmas shopping also. I really dread going shopping. It has to be one of my least favorite things. Other than that, just some football I guess.

What's on the agenda in your neck of the woods? I hope you all have a great weekend and please be SAFE.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Cleaning up the shop and working on the finish for the dresser here.

Leaving to go deer hunting this Friday PM, will be back next tuesday. Just need to flatten a few cutting boards when I get back for the wife's friends at the office for christmas gifts.
    Grady - "Thelma, we found Dean's finger"
    Thelma - "Where is the rest of him?!"

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Hey Karl,
    Staying warm is on the list. I'll be in class for the next 7 days, Start my OUPV training. Coast Guard Captain's class. wish me luck. This stuff is hard....as it should be.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

LOML and I are leaving tomorrow for 9 glorious days---train to L.A., boarding a cruise ship on Sunday headed to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas, then home on the train on the 15th. No shop time for us for a couple of weekends!!
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

I have to finish up my very basic coat rack/stocking hanger...just in time for Christmas stockings to go up on them!.

Now, if I can just back away from the thing before screwing something up...
    Are you getting something out of your time here? You are? Great...then now's the time to give a little something back! Contribute!

Enjoy the trip Nancy!

It's been a hectic week at work and it won't slow down today.

With any luck, turn some more Christmas gifts this weekend. I got my first commissioned turnings shipped out this week and had plenty to do at the day job.

I have some cast bottle stoppers to turn for some friends' Christmas presents. I have a maple burl bowl to deliver to a friend along with a bottle of Johnny Walker Red label and some Black Velvet.

We have our family Christmas gathering this Saturday as our granddaughter Scooter, our great-granddaughter little Riley and their family are moving to Phoenix in the next week and Sharon and I depart for our 40th Anniversay celebraton gift trip two weeks from today.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Equestrian activities, including lessons and the barn holiday party are going to sap most of Saturday. I plan on being back in the shop on Sunday finishing (literally) the tack trunk project. I intended to try and do that in the evenings this week, but "Mr Mom" duty resulted in a little extra running around.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Hope to finish up a subpanel I'm installing, and also an outlet for my DC so I don't haved to play "musical outlets" with our basement freezer....
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

[quote=alex grams;983941]Leaving to go deer hunting this Friday PM, will be back next tuesday.[quote]
    Best of luck. Hope ya put the "ot-six" to good use.
    I'll be sitting in a tree stand with a bow in hand much of the weekend, so hopefully it won't be quite as cold as it's been the last couple days. Something about 6am and 13 degrees isn't as alluring as bow hunting in September!

Cheers.