Thread: Forrest Chopmaster vs Miter Master

Forrest Chopmaster vs Miter Master

Just picked up a Makita LS 1013 and I'm looking at a Forrest blade. They say that the Chopmaster is especially for SCMS and Radial saws, while the Miter Master is for Miter Saws. Probably a hook angle thing. This is the first I've heard that these 2 types of saws would use different blades. Has anyone used a Miter Master on a SCMS?

Thanks,

Jim

For what its worth, I use the Chopmaster on my CMS and I like its performance.

I have used a Forrest Chopmaster on two different SCMS with excellent results. The Miter Master is a much more expensive blade (over $100 more), and the ChopMaster is specified for SCMS. Why not simply get the Chopmaster? Here is the site I use for good prices Forrest blades:

http://www.forrestsawbladesonline.com/
    Dave Falkenstein aka Daviddubya
    Cave Creek, AZ

I also use the ChopMaster on my CMS with wonderful results. The cut is great.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

.................... +4

Hmmm, I have a Freud somethin-or-other on my 12" DeWalt CMS and I'm happy with it but I've no experience with any of the Forrest blades....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

I've been pleased with the Makita blade that comes on the saw and have replaced it once. It seems like it sells for around $40.00.

the mitermaster might be for a double ended miter saw and not for a portable saw.

I have the Makita as well and got a Chopmaster last year for Christmas.What I noticed when first using the saw was how smooth a cut it made. I also noticed that when making a cut there was almost NO change in the sound of the blade as it cut. It is like cutting through butter.

Fred M

James, the Chopmaster is good, but don't toss the stock blade yet. Some of them, I think there may be two levels of quality, are really good blades. The first one that came with my Mak was great.

Jim:
    The blade for a SCMS or radial should be a neg. hook design. A pos. hook could cause self feeding and on a SCMS could poss. result in climbing up and pulling it's self forward. It's a safty thing, and I have had the climbing happen to me on a SCMS ( others saw on a job ), tightens up your spinkter muscle real fast.
    I have a Chopmaster on my Dewalt 12" slider, best blade I've ever had on it.

Roger

Spend you money elsewhere, I would not replace the stock blade on the LS1013FL. Amazing that somebody these days would suppy a product with a good blade out of the box, and assembled in the USA! It is a dream come true...