Thread: TChisel Project 1 – Build a Federal Style Table

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

TChisel Project 1 – Build a Federal Style Table

Due to the number of pm's and interest I've been getting, I wanted to post a project to build. If you're interested in learning how to make Federal Style furniture, this small table project is just for you. I’m including the procedure list and lumber required here. Here's some pics of what we're talking about.

This learning project includes 4 different types of feet, a sand shaded fan inlay, shop made banding, a bit of veneering plus a dovetailed drawer so there’s plenty to learn in a fairly small project. Build this table and you’ll have many of the skills needed to produce Federal Style furniture. Plus, I’ve already posted an entire podcast series on building this table so you can see how its done each step of the way. The podcast episodes are best viewed on iTunes because you can watch them full screen (which is a free download that is available for both windows and mac computers iTunes download). Just go to the Store in iTunes and search + subscribe to The Rough Cut Show. The episodes covering this project are listed under ATM 68 and going through episodes 105 mixed in with the bombe series. The videos are also on the Rough Cut Forum at Tchisel.com.

The materials and procedure list will be posted in another post below.

You can do this! Trust me. By watching the podcasts and following the procedure list, you will learn how to build this table and the skills needed to approach Federal Style furniture. I look forward to seeing your tables so post pictures, and as always if you have questions or need help just ask.
    Last edited by Thomas MacDonald; 12-12-2008 at 8:22 PM.