Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wooden Roses

Dear Jackie,

Thank you so much for the wooden rose idea. I just finished up the Valentine rush from 3 high schools in the area. Roses in their school color with their mascot engraved on them. 2 of the schools are going to use them for their homecoming festivities.

I ordered 200 dozen and I only have about 5 dozen left of the orange ones. I am all out of the others.

Thanks again. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie McGowan View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    I think I read a thread here on wooden roses a while back but wanted to remind everyone about them. I bought some for a little over .06 each. A small starter kit was $150.00 with free shipping (2400 roses - you get to pick up to 15 colors). I had it in mind to make some engraved bouquets for valentines day, St patty's day, Mothers day and easter. I do craft shows flea markets and consignment in a craft/gift shop. Well I made a couple Christmas bouquets for gifts for my hubby to bring to work (with stock sayings and clip art - Santa etc.) and now I'm getting lots of orders for bouquets with family names on them, Everyone loves them! I had planned on selling bouquets (1 doz) with the stock things for each holiday on 6 of them and 6 would be blank for $14.00 or $15.00 per doz. But the custom name ones I'm charging $20.00 and no one seems to mind. They don't take long at all to laser and I just add a faux grass & put a plastic sleeve (they were both included in the kit) and a pretty ribbon to finish. Anyway it seems to be a money maker so far. I with post photos soon if I can.
    Bob Keyes
    CI Engraving

60 Watt Chinese Laser (yeah,I like it), Corel X3, Engravograph, KM 2550, Heat Press.

Boxes

We wanted to come up with something to put these roses in that might generate some added income.

I'll tell you later how it turns out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "No man is a failure who has friends." -Clarence

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

Anthony Welch
    Laurel,MS

Epilog Legend EX 45watt, Corel Draw 12 & x3, Photograv, Wacom tablet 4x5, ShopBot PRS96x48 w/spindle, airbrush and shop full of tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Keyes View Post
    I ordered 200 dozen and I only have about 5 dozen left
    Bob......how long does it take to engrave 200 dozen!!!

That's a great idea about the mascot......can I ask how much you charged and how much they sold them for?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Steve,

I made 2 plexi jigs that hold 1 doz. each. It takes 8 minutes to do a dozen. While one is engraving I unload and reload the other jig. I also made a fixture to lay a dozen in with a sleeve over them and tie a ribbon around bundle. Make the packaging go quite fast.

I charged the school $7.00 per dozen. My cost about .80 per dozen. They sell them to the kids for $14.00 per dozen. Pretty good profit margin for both of us. Especially me!
    Bob Keyes
    CI Engraving

60 Watt Chinese Laser (yeah,I like it), Corel X3, Engravograph, KM 2550, Heat Press.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Welch View Post
    We wanted to come up with something to put these roses in that might generate some added income.

I'll tell you later how it turns out.
    Well looks good to me. Let us know, nice work both of you. Like the idea for the schools. If you have the cdr of the holder of the roses and would like to post it I am sure we would enjoy having it. Thanks for the posts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Uebner
    Trotec Speedy 300 45w, Xenetch 1313, Signature 8080 Plus, Baby Lock EM6

Here are a couple I made for my wife. I decided to try a picture. Not great, but not bad either. I use the flowers from: petalbypetal.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Neato. Amazing what we will try isn't it? Even more amazing what some people can accomplish!
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Great work, Looks good to me I know you want it better though but it is the thought. Did you do the photo in Photograv? I have to get some of these.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Uebner

Ray, I use Epilog's Dithering options in their print driver. It's tricky getting a decent burn without going through the thin wood.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Thanks for the info. I will have to try it when I get some roses....Busy time of the year so will most likely be after July.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Uebner

Tim, That's who I bought from. Seem like nice honest people. Roses were good, price was good, delivery was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bateson View Post
    Here are a couple I made for my wife. I decided to try a picture. Not great, but not bad either. I use the flowers from: petalbypetal.com
    Bob Keyes
    CI Engraving

Ray--I'll post it tomorrow when I get back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Uebner View Post
    Well looks good to me. Let us know, nice work both of you. Like the idea for the schools. If you have the cdr of the holder of the roses and would like to post it I am sure we would enjoy having it. Thanks for the posts.
    Bob Keyes
    CI Engraving

Thanks Bob.

I just picked up a dozen at the mall today.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Here is the jig I promised. Sorry so late. It was glued together with weldon 3. I saved it in v12 just in case you don't have x3.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Bob Keyes
    CI Engraving

Thanks Bob, This will work great for the closed roses. Looks easy to modify for the larger roses too.

I'm assuming you slide the roses in steam first from the front?
    Tim
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC