Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silicone Wristbands

Silicone Wristbands

Hello All,
    I'm a newbie (bought the Epilog Helix 45 this month) and have a customer who has asked about silicone wristbands. I've found plenty of sources to buy the blank bands, bau haven't found much in the way of instructions on "how to". Do you need a rotary attachment to do these or some kind of jig? Any assistance would be appreciated.

I haven't done them, but here's an old thread on the topic. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...one+wristbands
    Margaret Turco

60 watt Universal V-460, Coreldraw X4

thanks

Thanks Margaret, I found some help in that old thread, but still hope some other readers will share ideas.

silicone wristbands

Hi Tom, I've done about 30,000 wristbands. Contact me and I'll give you some tips and files on how to make fixtures.

Nick Napier Napier's Laser Engraving woodworknick@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Napier View Post
    Hi Tom, I've done about 30,000 wristbands. Contact me and I'll give you some tips and files on how to make fixtures.

Nick Napier Napier's Laser Engraving woodworknick@yahoo.com
    Awww, Nick.......I think everyone would like to read your tips.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Yes Nick, I have done a few but nothing like 30,000. I think we all could learn from your experience. Please post what you are willing to share. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]SR Engraving
    Irving, TX
    Epilog 35W, Corel X3 AND "How about those COWBOYS"...this will be the year???

silicone bands

Gentlemen, I'm putting togeather a small tutorial on bands. I've recieved a lot of help and project files from this forum. It's only fair I return what small amount of info I might have to assist in this area. It may take a day or two but I'll get done. Thanks for the interest.

Nick

Nick is THE MAN!

What a great gesture to start off the new year. Thank you Nick!!! Looking forward to your post.
    TG

Thanks Nick, it will be greatly appreciated. Also, thanks for the Gentlemen part, it's the nice's thing I have been called all year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]SR Engraving
    Irving, TX
    Epilog 35W, Corel X3 AND "How about those COWBOYS"...this will be the year???

I got 200 samples in the mail yesterday. Probably paid too much for them (50 cents each), but they are fun to play with.

They engrave nicely and after a quick clean up in soap and water look really nice.

Got mine at www.24hourwristbands.com

Any better vendors out there?

Pinnacle ZX Explorer II
    40W, X3
    Vinyl Express Lynx 24"
    Epson 4800 Dye Sub Hybrid

fifty cents at that quantity is pretty good as far as I can see. Thanks for the input. I'm gettin' ready to place an order too so nice to know what you paid there.
    Tom
    "My wife says I don't listen to her...or something like that..."

Yeah.. It's a pain navigating to the place to order blanks there.

Try going directly to the blanks page HERE:

I think the best price break is at around 200. I originally ordered 500 that worked out to 44 cents each. Free shipping is included too. They used Fedex and I had them in about 10 days (and I ordered a few days before Christmas).

The multi-colored ones work pretty nicely. Especially those with white or bright colors with a contrasting dark color beneath.

Pinnacle ZX Explorer II
    40W, X3
    Vinyl Express Lynx 24"
    Epson 4800 Dye Sub Hybrid

Silicone bands how to (I hope)

Again Gentlemen and ladies, I hope this is informative. I'm not the best at explaining things but here goes. I have attached two files one is a word file and a cdr file if any part is unclear let me know and I try and explain. Also it's perfectly ok to call me 812-279-9636.

Nick
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nick, that's really excellent work. Thanks for taking the time to share it with all of us. Very nicely done fixture and well explained. Looks like you covered it all to me.

Thanks!
    Steve
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Thanks Nick!
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw