Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drawer Slides

Drawer Slides

Any recommendations for purchasing drawer slides? I'm looking for 22 inch 100 lbs full extension type. The best deal I have found is at Woodworker's Hardware for $7.43 for a pair.

I think you have a good price, BUT...make sure you're getting some good slides, not junk. Blum and KV are "the" names in the slide industry, and I don't think you'll find those at the price you are quoting.
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Laird View Post
    I think you have a good price, BUT...make sure you're getting some good slides, not junk. Blum and KV are "the" names in the slide industry, and I don't think you'll find those at the price you are quoting.
    I agree with Nancy.....
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

KV seems to be must less expensive that Accuride. Is there a difference?

SB

These are KV's economy line. I'm betting for my workshop cabinets they will work.

ebay items

I have these in a 28" and they're pretty good.

KV8400's are a pretty good slide. I think they're less pretty in-expensive too.

Check out Custom Service Hardware. Good slides, great prices

I use KV 8400's on almost all my cabinets these days. I used to use Accurides but switched when I tried the USA made 8400. It was just a little smoother, the 17's have a nice inexpensive closer, and they are made in the USA. That last part is important to me.

I have a bunch of leftovers as I always buy by the case. What are you building? I know I have a lot of 26" slides left, not so many 22s as they are normal.
    Last edited by Larry Edgerton; 12-23-2008 at 8:48 PM.

Thanks Chet - I had looked at Ebay before and wasn't sure about the quality. The only problem is that the shipping charge from these guys is about $25 putting them higher than Woodworkers Hardware.

I actually read Nancy's comments wrong and mistook her Blum slides for Accuride.

Blum makes the very expensive undermount slide which is very nice, but spendy. Then they have the inexpensive 3/4 travel slide which is painted white or brown. Do they also make something like the KV 8400?

SB

I like "hettich" full extension... ball bearing. Very reasonable price and I've yet to have a call back on them.
    Mark.

I usually buy call bearing slides from custom service hardware. They are not blums but seem to be quality units at a really good price. I have some supporting 33" wide pantry drawers full of canned goods for a couple years with no trouble yet.

I find that I get a good enough price on the boxes of 15 that I always order in multiples of 15 and keep the extras around for odd jobs.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

I've just bought a box of slides from Bold Hardware (www.boldhardware.com). Been having a lot of requests for "trash centers", i.e. cabinets that house a normal drawer on top, but a drawer on the bottom, (behind the door), that holds a trash can. I've been using the 100 lb full extensions and they have proven to be more than adequate for this.

I've been building quite a few "trash centers" lately (kitchen cabinets that house trash cans on drawer slides). Just got my 1st order from Bold Hardware (www.boldhardware.com). I use the 100 lb full extensions. So far, I'm happy with what I got and they seem to be doing the job.