Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: SEC Football

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Herrmann View Post
    We ain't got no need fer no grammar in no football nohow

Go Gators
    You must have been in Alachua county too long!
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

that reminds me, i don't know if any of you saw this, ESPN did a short documentary a few months back on this small town down in the swamp that's produced a ton of NFL players. for those not familiar with football, kids from florida and schools from florida are known for speed. as in you watch the old games between florida state and miami against other schools and it doesn't even look fair. they appear to be twice as fast as the opposing teams on camera, and in many cases they were that much faster.

the secret? the local farmers pay the kids 2-3 dollars per rabbit that they catch out of the cane fields. and the kids chase them down on foot, catching them by hand, through tractor ruts and rocks and everything.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...84688&n8pe6c=2

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Bowden
    I would say that a kid who lives on the beach might be able to swim better than a kid who grew up in the country. And it stands to reason that a kid who chases rabbits might be faster than a kid who don't chase rabbits
    yeah bobby, i'm sure that 'might' be the case and you never gave it much thought, either that or you've been recruiting out of there for 30 years and tried to keep it a secret all this time, one or the other.
    Last edited by Neal Clayton; 09-24-2008 at 4:53 PM.

Pretty interesting Neal, but I sure feel sorry for the rabbits.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

I am afraid I must go with the Tide this weekend. After last weekend, I don't think the Puppy's will hang on. This is extremely painful as I really dislike Saban.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Arceneaux View Post
    I am afraid I must go with the Tide this weekend. After last weekend, I don't think the Puppy's will hang on. This is extremely painful as I really dislike Saban.
    You go right ahead Kevin. The Dawgs ain't givin' up without a fight! Hopefully your decision will cause more pain than anticipated.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

It really does not matter to me. As long as we beat Illinois, we move up. And with SC losing last night to a team we whipped...............

Sorry Belinda. I figured that Bama was going to beat Georgia, but not give them an old fashioned butt whipping.

All I can say is:

WE

ARE

PENN STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Arceneaux View Post
    Sorry Belinda. I figured that Bama was going to beat Georgia, but not give them an old fashioned butt whipping.
    It's okay Kevin. I can live with the loss. Bama put an outstanding team on the field and they just outplayed us. At least it wasn't the slaughter that it started out to be in the first half.

Bella Terra

I just flew into Seattle with WSU Cougar fans and Oregon Duck fans. The Cougar fans were really quiet. The flight attendant was a WSU graduate and she told the Duck fans to mind their manners as she normally made Ducks fly outside the plane!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Well it's Wednesday night and I'm still not over the loss to Ole Miss. ARGH! So many mistakes!!!

Florida Fans - where are you?

I'd just like take a moment to thank all you Gators for not pouring salt into my open wound. Although I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed in you. I did expect some good natured ribbing over such a severe thrashing. Oh well, there's always next year, and don't think I'll be nearly as merciful when the shoe's on the other foot.

Bella Terra

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    Oh well, there's always next year, and don't think I'll be nearly as merciful when the shoe's on the other foot.
    Do they wear shoes in GA?

I know they don't in AL, because with what we're kicking we don't want to get our shoes all messy

I'd just like take a moment to thank all you Gators for not pouring salt into my open wound. Although I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed in you. I did expect some good natured ribbing over such a severe thrashing. Oh well, there's always next year, and don't think I'll be nearly as merciful when the shoe's on the other foot.

What's up Belinda....Are you into verbal abuse? Or are you disappointed they let their team beat your favorite team?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

No sense in rubbing anything in. Look at how Florida played against Ole Miss in September! We all have our days. I'm always hoping a Florida-Georgia weekend will be one for the ages with good (close) football games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    What's up Belinda....Are you into verbal abuse? Or are you disappointed they let their team beat your favorite team?
    No, no verbal abuse intended. All in jest. I just really expected the more devoted Gator fans to really give me heck about the beating we took. All in fun. I'm really disappointed that my favorite team let themselves get beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Davis View Post
    No sense in rubbing anything in. Look at how Florida played against Ole Miss in September! We all have our days. I'm always hoping a Florida-Georgia weekend will be one for the ages with good (close) football games.
    You know Ben, I was hoping that September Florida team would show up on Saturday, but sadly for me the great team showed up instead. Georgia-Florida weekend is always a good one, and I'm with you - a close game is always better.

Bella Terra