Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powermatic Electrical Entrance

Powermatic Electrical Entrance

There are those that would say I have too much spare time on my hands and they might be correct, but I really like the way this creation turned out.

The electrical entrance in my shop looked a little ugly so I decided to add an enclosure of sorts around it. I got out of hand and had a color match done down at the local paint store. Then I fired up the fancy decal machine at work we use to make lexan decals for equipment.

Here's the result - before and after - what do you think?

Before

After

Very nice...BTW did anyone ever tell you that you have too much time on your hands?
    Wood'N'Scout

that is very nice.......I like it
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

Wow, that is awesome! Also, did anyone ever tell you that you have too much time on your hands?

Nice job.
    Where are the racing stripes?

I have to admit I was a little sheepish posting this up here for fear of public ridicule and general shaming seeing as it's not a "hard core woodworking" project. But I was grinning so much when I installed it earlier today that I figured I would just stand up and be proud...

....maybe I'll build up the nerve to post the window valences when they are done too.....

If the voltage is 600 volts and less it's LOW VOLTAGE. Although this post is in jest, the statement about low voltage being 600 volts and less is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollie Meyers View Post
    If the voltage is 600 volts and less it's LOW VOLTAGE. Although this post is in jest, the statement about low voltage being 600 volts and less is true.
    Maybe so, but do you really think a sign that read, "DANGER. Low Voltage", would be taken seriously? That'd be almost as bad as a sign reading, "DANGER. KITTENS BEHIND THIS DOOR."

And, even if that's a technically true statement, the vernacular use of the term "low voltage" usually applies to things like doorbell transformers, so I think it's an appropriate misuse of the term "high" in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rosenberger View Post
    Nice job.

- Now I have to stop by the automotive shop tomorrow !

Just don't do a flame job.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rosenberger View Post
    Too easy to misinterpret, what with the DANGER sign and all.

So, okay, you've been getting lots of ribbing. It IS more attractive, and adds a degree of safety, too, since the plastic conduits are now covered. Plus, it'll make your panel instantly visible in the shop, should any visitor ever have to cut power in a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Houghton View Post
    Maybe so, but do you really think a sign that read, "DANGER. Low Voltage", would be taken seriously? That'd be almost as bad as a sign reading, "DANGER. KITTENS BEHIND THIS DOOR."

And, even if that's a technically true statement, the vernacular use of the term "low voltage" usually applies to things like doorbell transformers, so I think it's an appropriate misuse of the term "high" in this case.
    Hazardous Voltage is a more correct use. But as was said before it was written in jest.

Very cool. I sent the link to a friend at Powermatic to brighten his day.
    "Because There Is Always More To Learn"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hintz View Post
    Very cool. I sent the link to a friend at Powermatic to brighten his day.

Hi Tom - I did the same actually. There's a tech support guy there that's been fantastic helping me iron out a few wrinkles with a new PM2000 and I figured he'd get a kick out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollie Meyers View Post
    Funny, that's what I was going to say, except in Canada it's 750 volts.

Very nice enclosure for the panel, hope it has some ventilation openings top and bottom.

Regards, Rod.

Very clever, great job.