Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pin nailer?

Pin nailer?

After using a borrowed one, I have decided I "need" a pin nailer to pin glue ups until the glue dries. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Ellen Benkin; 04-05-2010 at 8:02 PM.

Brand? If so I love my Grex.

I have a Porter Cable and love it. Great little tool. Rather inexpensive as well, but it has been very reliable!

Believe it or not, I bought one of those real inexpensive ones from Harbor Freight (Item 95882) and it has been working perfectly for well over a year with heavy use. I think I paid less than $20. for it.

Plus 1 for Grex. Little more expensive from what I hear, but absolutly no problems so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Wingert View Post
    I have a Porter Cable and love it. Great little tool. Rather inexpensive as well, but it has been very reliable!
    +1 on the PC. Love it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Nikle and it works great. Uses same pins as Grex but gun is a little smaller and lighter. With PC, everything is very short. PC brand seems to be headed for the gutter.

+2 on the PC. Unless you're going to use a pinner a whole lot, the PC is fine.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Love my HF pin nailer. Tons of pins through it, with only vague activity resembling proper maintenance... Takes abuse and keeps doing its thing.
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

Anyone have an opinion on the Rigid pin nailer?
    Paul

The Bostich is only $20 more than the PC. One on my local Lowes actually stocks them-WOW! It will shoot longer pins than the PC. Going to pick one up next week for a job.

Grex is "the" nailer.

I have a PC and it performs great although it doesn't get a lot of use.

They are handy for what they do for sure.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

i use the p-c daily with no complaints just use clamps when ever possible those 23 gauge pins can go funky with the slightest twist of grain

Ellen, I have an older Accuset (Senco) and a nice Grex. Frankly, I use them both. LOL But the Grex is much nicer. (and shoots longer pins that I like for when gluing face frames on built-ins in-situ where clamping is impossible)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill May View Post
    those 23 gauge pins can go funky with the slightest twist of grain
    VERY true, I am usually fine wth 1 3/8 and below but getting out near 2" can send the pin on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, the positive is 23ga pins don't usually blow out a chunk like heavier gauge brads can.