Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Acrylic Ornaments

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Gallo View Post
    Wow, Jackie, this just keeps getting more and more interesting! Yes, please post a picture, I'd like to see what this gizmo looks like. Our closest Michael's is 60 miles away...

BTW - this past week I sold over 200 ornaments to various people, at $1 each, which cost me about 20¢ each plus 1 minute each laser time. I'm not sure but it might be too cheap. Good thing I'm not in this for the money!

cheers, dee
    May I recommend sets of three for $5.00. Makes it worth your while and gives a better since of value.
    Jack

snowflake designs in Corel

Hi Dee,

Thanks for posting the artwork in Corel. Would it be possible to get the artwork in version 10? I wasn't able to open with my version.

Thanks,
    John Ness

Quote Originally Posted by John Ness View Post
    Hi Dee,

Thanks for posting the artwork in Corel. Would it be possible to get the artwork in version 10? I wasn't able to open with my version.

Thanks,
    John Ness
    Hi John,

Check post #21 - I posted the Corel 10 file there.

Have fun, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

I knew I had a few more here. There are three pages full of different flake shapes. In version 9 upwards.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Photos of light from Michaels

Hi,
    Here are the photos of the snowflake light I was talking about
    Does anyone know where one might get the light unit part with suction cup?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jackie McGowan; 11-14-2008 at 5:32 PM. Reason: addition
    Jackie McGowan
    25W Pinnacle Mercury CO2 Laser

"Don't believe everything you think."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Corker View Post
    I knew I had a few more here. There are three pages full of different flake shapes. In version 9 upwards.
    Thanks, Frank- Those will save me a lot of time. I only got one page, though, not 3.... but there are so many there it's fine! I just had a local art gallery ask me to bring some in to sell. That's a first for us laserheads around here (okay, just me), since they usually only have paintings, sculptures, jewelry and woodwork.

Jackie - that's pretty cool - what is the diameter of the light, is it just like a regular tree light? If you could get the suction cup part, you would have a ton of possibilities. How much was the whole unit in the first place? Does it come apart?

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Update: the snowflake file (all three pages) came out fine when I did it on the pc - on the mac, the 2nd and 3rd pages were not there.. weird. So thanks again and again, Frank!

Also, I just saw that the Brookstone gift catalog has those suction cup snowflake lights for $14.95 each and hanging ones at 5 for $39.95 - yikes!

Red Coin Mah Jong

The suction cup snowflake I got at Michaels was 3.99 and it takes two batteries but came with four. It does not come apart. It has an on off switch. It's an LED lightbulb. The bulb itself is about 3/16" diameter. The Snowlake is 4" Diameter and it is glued onto the base that the bulb sticks out of.
    Jackie McGowan
    25W Pinnacle Mercury CO2 Laser

"Don't believe everything you think."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nightlight

Dee, I looked online at Brookstone and didn't see that ornament.....although they did have a 3 LED twirling light ornament holder on sale for $10 (regularly $15)....a little pricey, but I wonder if it would work.

Also, a little off this topic....but I just bought a GE night light from Walmart for $2.88 that plugs into the wall and has an LED light. The actual nightlight is a REALLY ugly acrylic thing.....but when I got home and opened it up, sure enough it popped right out very easily. It takes 1/4" thick material (I assume we would use acrylic) and the opening is 1 1/2" wide.....but I assume you could take say a 5" wide piece of acrylic and just have a 1 1/2" piece on the bottom where it would go in. Oh yea....and it's a yellowish LED.....not my favorite.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Oh, another thing I picked up (I'm going with the Christmas theme on this thread.....not necessarily the acrylic ornament theme.....) was a "gel cling" photo holder ornament for $1. They have a ton of these "gel clings" in all shapes and sizes......my question is: are they laserable and if so, does anyone know where to get sheets of it. There is nothing on the package to indicate what it's made of or who makes it.......except for my favorite saying that seems to be on EVERYTHING......"Made in China".
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

LED Source

Just picked up 15 LEDs on a string from Walgreens that run on 2 AA batteries.

They look like they might be an easy light source for the ornaments.

$3.99

Thanks for the tip Pete!

I just seen those suction cup/led snowflakes at Costco ! Their pretty cheesy looking and The first thing that entered my mind was ..Hmmm these things (obviously made in China) will be showing up in a dollar store anytime soon.. Then, you can put some nice stuff on them..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Are the Corel files the actual size you all are cutting these?

Thanks
    500w Beam Dynamic LMC

Thanks, what a great idea.... I'll have to give it a try!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]SR Engraving
    Irving, TX
    Epilog 35W, Corel X3 AND "How about those COWBOYS"...this will be the year???