Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pick your NCAA Basketball team.....

Has anyone lost his team and had to select another dog in the fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Rick - fixed your post for you.

No charge.

Ha, yeah. I'll stand by my statement though that there's no way an NBA team is losing to Kentucky, even the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    Well the Arkansas/NC game should be pretty interesting for me tonight.

So-far, so-good.
    That was a fun game to watch.

2 years in a row, my Spartans stopped the Wahoos.

Looks like we've got their number, eh?
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Not yet, KU is still in the tournament, however my brackets are hosed. The funny thing is my emotional bracket is fairing better than my more deliberate thinking one LOLOL!

Bryan - - I have a lot of connections to KS..........I always root for the Kansas teams.

Entire family - from grandparents on down through my generation - born in KS, and raised there to some age. A number of the next gen born there too, and a couple are running the farm that's been in the family since late 1800's.

One nimrod from my gen just started a 10 - 12 bit in the Federal Pen, for stealing all the $$ from his dementia-suffering Mom's - one of my aunts- estate, leaving her destitute. The rest of us never liked him anyway - his current home is in El Dorado Correctional Facility - hope they move him to the hard-time rock-breaking prison. So - there is a weird KS connection.

Both parents went to K-State, but the 'Cats are not in it.

Close friend and fellow college student of LOML is a long-time prof @ KU. I'm a Big Ten guy, and Self is from there.

Then - A wonderful woman - known in these parts when she was alive - as The World's Best Aunt lived in Wichita for many years - visited her often.

I have a K-State tee shirt. A Jayhawks tee-shirt. And a Shockers tee-shirt.

And - I have a problem. Too many ties, too many conflicts. I would never - normally - root against the Jayhawks, but I have a strong tendency toward the underdogs in the tourney, all things being equal.

I think, respectfully, that I am gonna end up falling on the side of the Shockers in this game............especially since KU has refused to schedule them for 20+ years. KU is saying "it is just another tourney game". Shocker players are saying "time to get some respect from Lawrence".

It is a tough call. I hope it is a great game - and I won't be sad regardless of the winner and the loser. I don't have kids playing on both sides - but I've kind of got family ghosts there - so either way I am good.

Net-net: I am anxious to see a great Rock-Chalk v. Shockers game. I will root for good plays on both sides. I hope to see one more good play by made the Shockers than the Jayhawks.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Sorry to all you KU fans that Kansas bit the dust. At least they fell to another Kansas team.

You know KU and Wichita should be on the regular schedule......great game, the Shockers will represent Kansas well in the rest of the tourney....Wonder why they never joined the Big 12.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Rocker View Post
    You know KU and Wichita should be on the regular schedule......great game, the Shockers will represent Kansas well in the rest of the tourney....Wonder why they never joined the Big 12.......

Big 12 would never have them. They were a mid-major until 10 years ago +/-, and have progressed only in roundball.

What have you heard lately about Shockers football? Nada. They dropped the sport in the mid-80's, that's why.

Gonzaga University - yet another team of Bulldogs.

Regards, Marty
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity" - anon

Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post

Nope. I'm good with that, Myk.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Big 12 would never have them. They were a mid-major until 10 years ago +/-, and have progressed only in roundball.

What have you heard lately about Shockers football? Nada. They dropped the sport in the mid-80's, that's why.
    They used to have a great baseball team, going to the CWS on a regular basis. I'm thinking they still do, but haven't been following that close lately, so I don't really know.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The Wisconsin/NC game was fun. NC absolutely had great rhythm until about the last six minutes.

And then Bucky dropped the hammer.

The Michigan State game tomorrow should be interesting.

I'm apparently not allowed to watch any more tonight. No Xavier/Arizona game for me. Other people in this house need to watch some news program???

Edit to add: I've explained that the winner (Xavier/Arizona) plays the Badgers, so I'm being allowed to watch.
    Last edited by Phil Thien; 03-26-2015 at 10:13 PM.

Looks like Kentucky came to play ball tonight.