Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old growth redwood

Old growth redwood

Anyone have a clue as to what old growth redwood is worth? It's all clear, full 1"x12's, 8's, 3x6's, 3x8's, all over 20 feet long.

Someone on craigs list was selling old olive tanks. That wood was old growth with no nails or any other holes.
    Bill

No idea, can't buy it here anymore. Nobody has carried it in years.

Ed

I depends on where in the world you live. Probably much cheaper in the USA then other countries due to shipping costs.
    Bill
    Modesto, ca. USA

Here is a link to Mendocino Craigslist where someone is selling somewhat similar material: 'https://mendocino.craigslist.org/mat/6175345187.html' Hope it helps.
    -Howard
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 06-30-2017 at 9:00 PM.

check humboldt county craigslist - always seem to be quite a bit being offered. should give you sense.
    jerry
    jerry

I bought some in 1977 from the company where I was employed. It had been there so long it was black from coal soot. You might find it in an old catalog and estimate a current price by comparing to other listed and commonly used woods. All of these expensive things end up as interior work with the buyer wanting a discount "cuz I'm gonna use it inside ".

I am in the Midwest, where it never shows up.

Blog Entries
    Wow, thats a nice haul. I would think you'd do best shopping it around to timber framers.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

If you are talking about that load up by me its a steal. But he won't break it up and I did not have $15K, so someone else got it. Was about 1.50 a BF.

I picked up about 4k bf. Full 1" by 12, 10, 8s. 3×6, 2"×12, all over 20 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    If you are talking about that load up by me its a steal. But he won't break it up and I did not have $15K, so someone else got it. Was about 1.50 a BF.
    that was a good deal. Just like you did not have the funds ,time ,or the place to properly store it . I did think about it when you sent me the heads up.
    jack
    English machines

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    I am in the Midwest, where it never shows up.
    Yahbut, it just did.

I bought some old growth redwood a couple of years ago that was used for the outside vats in the Vlasic pickle factory in Michigan. Same relative sizes. I'm planning to use it for my wine cellar racks. PM me it if you want to sell your redwood. I have more wine that redwood, so far.

James, don't forget to ask for the "I'm gonna use it inside" discount!!