Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Some folks just can't take "NO" for an answer

HALL OF FAME!!!!!!!
    Ready for some exotics Ken?

Hey Ken....That Box looks pretty good on you! Happy shopping....and shopping...and shopping!!!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Pine
    You Guys are somthing else! SO I take it he got a lathe.... WHy when how???
    Why is the turning forum like a secret society or somthing?
    What gives?

Chris
    Chris, no secret society or anything like that. It's just friends being friends

Now I got to get some work done!

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    David, first off, welcome to the Creek! And my, what a grand entrance you've made! Does our hearts good to know that Ken is a happy camper and a deserving one, at that! As for you, don't be a stranger. You may have guessed by now that frequent visitors to SMC aren't "strangers" for long!
    Actually Dave I'm finding out that frequent visitors are pretty strange. I attribute it to spinning all kinds of stuff on those funny machines. Ken is lost to the dark side. And they did it!!! I tried to save him, but he's weak . And they are very seductive. Save youself before it's to late.
    P.S. Post a lot of pictures. This ranks as a gloat.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Pine
    You Guys are somthing else! SO I take it he got a lathe.... WHy when how???
    Why is the turning forum like a secret society or somthing?
    What gives?

Chris

There is absolutely no secret society in the turning forum, nothing gives; we all give, that's what it's about.

One only has to stop in every so often and you will receive, its all free.

Have some turning questions, I'm sure someone will be more than happy to answer them for you.

Greatest place on the net.

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And here's your free bonus avitar, Ken!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Watch for fallout!

I told you we'd GET YOU, Ken. SLIP SLIDIN' AWAY!!!

NOW WATCH OUT FOR THE FALLOUT..........................In CHIPS OF GREEN WOOD!

Congrats Ken.

You can now use the following, "The great thing about woodturning is that all you have to do is remove what is not needed to have something beautiful. Nature does the hard part!"

Bruce

Darn did we age him that much with the suprise?? Now I feel uncomfortable about it Not!!!!

Jim
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

OK folks we need to get those care packages, you know, to go along
    with that lathe mailed out!!

As Mr. Rogers would say --

"It's a BEAUTIFUL day in the neighborhood!". If I may be so bold as to add to Mr. Rogers theme, I would say that OUR "neighborhood" is comprised of incredibly kind, generous and big-hearted folks! I am immeasureably flattered to be a resident of this "neighborhood" (I HOPE!).

But where, you may ask, is this utopian "neighborhood"? Well, we all call it, "The Creek". While we are all jumping up and down and celebrating the fact that we have exposed Ken to the addiction of turning (is that a GOOD thing?), let us not forget the folks at SMC who have kept us in line, deleted our trangressions and created the "family" atmosphere that we ALL celebrated today!

Ken, you are a lucky guy! On the other hand, ALL of us are JUST as lucky!! Let us not, therefore, break our arms by trying to pat ourselves on the back. This is what we expect of a TRUE family!

That is MY sermon for the night! I have total confidence in the fact that the SMC "family" will survive and thrive FOREVER! FOREVER, however, until Howl decides to post a couple of his jillions of pics involving his lead-lined thongs!! That would certainly strain ANY neighborhood relationship!

Lastly, MY shop would be REALLY complete if I could find a way to add one of those Gulfstream private jets. Starting up just ONE engine would eliminate my sawdust (what else do I make?) problem. The add-ons, however, concern me. I would have to hire a pilot, a stewardess or two, maintenance personnel and I would have to get a hanger. AW! You great folks wouldn't do that for me - would you?

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Thompson

Lastly, MY shop would be REALLY complete if I could find a way to add one of those Gulfstream private jets. Starting up just ONE engine would eliminate my sawlust (what else do I make?) problem. The add-ons, however, concern me. I would have to hire a pilot, a stewardess or two, maintenance personnel and I would have to get a hanger. AW! You great folks wouldn't do that for me - would you?

Dale T.
    Here you go Dale,
    http://www.amazingpaperairplanes.com/Falcon.html

12. Well, I got busy this morning (for me in Japan) and I could not check in on the happenings, but now I've stopped for lunch and I'm looking in, sure glad it all stayed upright, and Ken you sure look like one happy dude!

For those wondering about any "Secret" society or such things, forget it, there is nothing secret about it at all, it is just good honest folks encouraging each other.

heck, I don't even have a lathe, yet, and I've been warmly welcomes in the world of all things round and spiny

Thanks to Andy & John John, and Ken, I sure hope you get that sucker bolted down and start making some round wood soon.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ramsey
    Mike,
    Thanks! It really looks great! However, I'm running a bit short this year. Could you FedEx me a couple of sheets of paper?

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

Not a problem Dale, I could probably swing 4 or 5 sheets!
    Wished I would have thought to turn off that email notification
    of subscribed threads today...my email count is 200+ and still
    coming in!!!

Ken, have fun with that thing. The idea is to keep the smile on your face!