Thread: almost completed cabinet

almost completed cabinet

Well, the cabinet wasn't made with hand tools, but the bamboo fly rods were made strickly with hand tools, primarily my Stanley 9 1/2. I still need to make the three drawers that are inside the cabinet, add some rod supports and add a lock to keep junior out. I'm happy to be close to finishing. I can't get very excited about plywood construction.

Kurt

Kurt, nice cabinet! Are those your fly rods and if so, what do you fish for with fly rods? I learned to fly fish in a barber's chair at NAS Meridian Ms. I bought my first fly rod there and started fly fishing for bream and large mouth bass on the lakes there on the Navy base. Few things fight more than a bream on a fly rod!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald
    Are those your fly rods and if so, what do you fish for with fly rods?
    Thanks Ken. Yes, they are mine. I fish for anything that bites with them. I don't have any heavy enough for the marsh (where I mostly fish). I could likely get by with my heaviest bamboo rod though. Generally, I use them in the neighborhood ponds for bass and bluegill. I made the short one piece rod for a small river near here that has a lot of overhanging tree branches. It works great for that and a small bass in moving water is a nice fight.

Kurt

This is a great idea Kurt. I don't think I've ever seen a fly rod cabinet but yours looks like an outstanding design that is very well executed. I know it will look even better when it is finished. Make sure you show us those final photos.
    Kent Cori

Half a bubble off plumb

Hey Kurt,

Simply fantastic work as usual but, hey I wouldn't expect anything less from your workshop! And Ken, what Kurt humbly left out about those fly rods is that he makes those using Tonkin cane by hand! If you were to try and get one of those babies on the street you had better be packing a few thousand for each one! That kurt is one seriously tallented guy, you should see the wooden boats he makes...