Thread: Informative shopping experience!!

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis

Informative shopping experience!!

Had a very informative shopping experience last Friday.
    I did a dealer locate and made appointments at three equipment resellers close to my new home. Was interested in future support, parts and service.
    I inquired if they had the models I was interested in with an "affirmative" on all three colors.

I wasn't a level playing field as I was comparing apples, oranges, and wild animals.

The packer green apple dealer, didn't have the model requested. "maybe a week". You can look at that much more $$$$ model out there in the snow bank and take it for a ride. I dried the throne off with the seat of my pants. Also noticed three
    apple sub cuts in for repairs

The orange dealer brought my selection in the night before, cleaned it and had a informative demo of this CUTS features. Then he let me go out and play in the 17* new fallen 12'' of snow.

Back inside for more questions and addressed all the problems I noted from MTF.

The wild animal dealer had a refurbished skid steer but it wouldn't start!!

Going to test a couple more colors, and retry others but you can guess which flavor I'm leaning towards.
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachme...9&d=1176088668
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=55454
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tyler Howell; 04-09-2007 at 6:32 PM.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

It sounds like two of the dealers lost out. It always toasts me to call and "sure we got it"....You arrive ....and they don't. If they can't be right the first time.......what makes one think they'll be right in the future?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I had the complete opposite situation when I went looking for my sub compact. Not just one, but two orange dealers absolutely and totally blew me off.

The green dealer made sure they had the model I wanted, when I wanted it, and with the right financing (0%) which was about to expire.

While I'm an avid JD kind of guy, I know exactly what you're talking about as far as JD service Tyler. The salesman, at the dealer, where I bought my JD 345 was very helpful and actually went out of his way to help, making sure I got the right tractor for my needs.

However, the after the sale service was deplorable. It seems a lot of JD dealers are like what you have described. I have since found a great dealer who takes care of any problems I've had with my unit, which has been rare in 13 years. In fact it's only been in 3 times and one of those was it's 500 hour service and the other two times were for very minor things.

I would definately say go with the one that is going to give you the after the sale service. The green machines are great and I'm sure you'd have very little problem with them, but from what I can gather here and other places, the orange machine is a pretty good unit also.

If I can give you one piece of advice, it would be to get all the implements that you can forsee you will need. They won't get any cheaper later on and you should be able to make a better deal on the package.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

That orange BX-24 would look great on your new property, Tyler... And it's a kick-butt machine...even better than my older BX-22. Metal, too...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...