Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why men die first

Quote Originally Posted by skip coyne View Post
    you do have to wonder sometimes
    At least he had his safety glasses on.

this one been a around awhile , I hope its a joke and not real

when I was growing up power tools outside where taken a a serious matter , rubber soled shoes , dry board to stand on and rubber gloves

(before the days of GFCI and cordless tools )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schniewind View Post
    I don't know, all the guys in these photos appear to be alive to me.
    Those are the "before" photos. The morgue photos were too graphic.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    You are correct Steve, particularly on Honey-Dos. It's just that in my limited experience it seems a job can sometimes become a test of engineering ingenuity. Prime examples above. Don't have a jack? Okay, just use some 4 x 4s. Men are heroes because they have the engineering gene and can figure out multiple ways to skin the cat. Apparently sometimes the stupidly courting death gene is also present.
    My LOML has a slightly different take on it. She'll point to an eve without rafters on it and say "put a porch swing hanging here." I'll look, and say "You can't do that! There's nothing to support it!" and she will say "that doesn't sound like my problem at all." She's the designer, I'm the engineer.

There is always a solution, even if it includes using welded square steel tube through the wall and attached to a suitable anchor (wall studs). The porch swing would have been fine under the big beefy beam near the front door, but hey, she's the designer ...

I worked for a company that did medical graphics for courtroom use, and I saw some very strange x-rays from industrial accidents. The back story was usually that something was done like in these pictures, but often enough it was a combination of those brief moments of stupidity we are all subject to with incredibly bad timing.