Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few shop pictures

A few shop pictures

I thought I would share these. I really haven'rt spent much time doing things I would like to do like put something on the floor to help with sweeping and building wooden walls is an ongoing project.
    1. Shop from the house facing west The overhead door and walkthru door face south with the other oh door facing east
    2. Looking at the SW corner. The lean-to provides good protestion from afternoon heat and keeps me from storing my lawnmower in the shop.
    3. Picture is looking toward the NW corner from the walkthru door. Since taking this picture I have replaced the portable planer with a 15" planer. My saw horses are on the left with carpeted tops. Sometimes I put a 36 x 48 piece of plywood on top of them for assembly depending on the size of the project.
    4.This is NE corner where I do most of my assembly. I keep woodworking tools in the tool box. The heater is just to the left.
    5. This is my router table. It is the Jointech cabinetmaker's system and works well. My compressor is to the right and I have a worktable to the left. I have the above table lift with a PC7518 router in the table.
    I'll try to post more pictures with my new setup as soon as I figure out where I am going to put everything. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Eddie, that's a mighty fine looking shop.

Looks really awfully clean though.

I especially like that rocking chair. That's a fine idea when you need a little break.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Thanks, I need lots of breaks and I like to do it in style. I guess I put this on the wrong forum. I don't post a whole lot so I'm pretty bad at it.

Looks like a fine shop to spend some time in. Way to clean though.

Steve

Hi Eddie, That is a great looking shop. Nice size also.
    take care,
    John

Eddie,

That looks like about the most ideal set up for a shop that anyone could ever ask for. 2 bay doors, shed roof for outdoor storage, lotza room inside.... just don't get much better.

Thanks for sharing....

Dang nice shop ya got there! Sure wish I had that much space (I am always saying that it seems).

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly C. Hanna
    Dang nice shop ya got there! Sure wish I had that much space (I am always saying that it seems).
    Sure wish I had more space It is 24 x30 and I would sure like 30 x 40 but I spent several years working out of half of a 3 car garage so this is definitely better. I had to put a loft over over 1/3 of it for LOML's storage but that wasn't much of a compromise. I adjusted to the 8' celings under the loft and just made sure my main work area is where I have taller ceilings.

Eddie, nice shop, period! I think the space would suit me just fine. Have many hours of good wood time.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

You guys with grade-level shops have to stop tormenting those of us with basement shops! What I wouldn't give to have grade-level access to my shop!

Looks great.

Rob

excellent shop.. what do you do for heating and cooling and do you have running water ? what about the electrial service ?

lou

Very nice shop. Do you like your Grasshopper? I have one too and like it alot. Mine is a size smaller i believe.
    Chad
    Better to keep silent and be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Great looking shop! Wish I had all that room as so many of you guys do!

Corey

Looks great Eddie. Like so many others, I'm envious of all your space (even if it is too clean).

- Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by lou sansone
    excellent shop.. what do you do for heating and cooling and do you have running water ? what about the electrial service ?

lou
    Lou, My heater is a 5 ceramic panel ventless gas heater and the AC is a 24,000 BTU window unit. Nothing fancy but functional. I have a frostfree hydrant outside one door so I can run a hose inside if I need it. I ran pipes thru the footing when I poured the slab so I can get it inside, just never have had a need. ITHere's small refrigerator where I keep water and sodas. There a 100 amp subpanel run from the house's 225 amp panel and I have 4 220 plugs around the shop which requires me to do the unplug/ replug thing when I run a couple of my 220 tools. There is also 10 sets of 110 double plugs around the shop and I seem to have enough of these. THere's some pictures attached that will make it clearer.
    Attached Images Attached Images