Thread: Drawer measuring tip

Drawer measuring tip

When I have a lot of drawers to measure and and using side mount slides, I glue a block on the end of the tape with hot melt that is the thickness of the slides and clearance, usually 1 1/16"on most slides. Saves the math and the possibility of a mistake.

Thanks, that's a good tip.

I started measuring in metric to avoid the arithmetical errors, no fractions, works great, easier to use than the inch sytem.

Regards, Rod.

I use a Construction calculator and then make a story stick out of some scrap.
    I really like the calculator and it helps me a lot on just about everything I make.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=100648120

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Huber View Post
    I use a Construction calculator and then make a story stick out of some scrap.
    I really like the calculator and it helps me a lot on just about everything I make.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=100648120
    Good tip Larry! Bill, I don't have the calculator but I do use story sticks for a lot of projects. They're a real time saver and help avoid many mistakes.
    Stephen Edwards
    Hilham, TN 38568

"Build for the joy of it!"

I have a stick with a tape rule (the "sticky back" kind used on RAS and chop saw fences) glued to both faces. The ends of the tape ("0") is held back 1"+ from the end. Having the tape on both sides makes it "reversible".
    David DeCristoforo

Good tip - I just went through this exercise last night for an under workbence cabinet. I must have checked my calcluations 10 times due to the number of things that need to be included.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by David DeCristoforo View Post
    I have a stick with a tape rule (the "sticky back" kind used on RAS and chop saw fences) glued to both faces. The ends of the tape ("0") is held back 1"+ from the end. Having the tape on both sides makes it "reversible".
    Excellent idea! I think I'll "borrow" that one from you.
    Stephen Edwards
    Hilham, TN 38568

"Build for the joy of it!"