Thread: Conover Workshops?

Question Conover Workshops?

Hello All,

Has anyone gone to Ernie Conover's school? If so what course did you take and what are your impressions?

The cost seems reasonable and it isn't too far from my home. I'm looking to take some hand tool calsses and maybe his router table fence and moulding making class.

www.conoverworkshops.com

Thanks
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

Conover workshops

Chuck,

I have attended about 4 workshops at Conover's over the years. Most were pretty good and worth the price. Best was with Jewett covering finishes. Others were building a blanket chest, router uses and had-cut dovetails.

Hi David,

Thank you for the reply. I think I will take the hand cut dovetail class in October.
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

Charles
    Relatives went to one one his classes concerning timber framing. They thought that it was very informatve and a good learning experience.
    By the way as you travel along Route 422 turn south onto Route 534 and proceed about 2 miles to Doll Lumber. (Take a pick up truck). Katy and I were very impressed with their stock of lumber. (But all we were driving was an Explorer - rats!)
    Daniel
    "Howdy" from Southwestern PA

Daniel,

I too applaud Doll Lumber. I stop there every time I visit my Uncle & Cousin in Parkman, up 534 the other way, towards Middlefield.

Excellent selection & Quality. I always return home with a pickup load.
    I also check out the Craft Maid scrap bin (my cousin's son works there)
    Wood is Good!
    Greetings from The Green Mountain State!

Kurt

I took a 2 day turning class and was very happy with it. In fact, I could have gone home after the first day and felt I got my money's worth. It's not a super equipped and staffed school like Marc Adams - it's just his barn, but he had enough lathes for everyone and he's an excellent teacher.