Thread: a simple table for my daughter.

a simple table for my daughter.

I promised my kid a table when she moved out for graduation.
    well she moved and of course I am low on money. I could not really a nice solid wood table and they wanted something dark or black. Also it has to be brought up 3 flights of stairs with tight turns. they broke the leg off the coffee table I made. so I wanted something that is easy to take apart and since they wanted it black with stars I decided to make it out of nice plywood. I used appleply 3/4"
    so I got to drawing it out and time to cut on my cnc router. I had to dial in the slots to get them right so they were not too tight or loose. this is critical since bit flex can be a big deal. I used a 1/4" downcut bit to cut it out.
    it would have used 1.5 sheets but I had a broke brad poking out of my cnc table and of course it gouged the table top. so I had to cut another one.
    I rounded the legs over and assembled them. I need to make some brackets to hold them on. I am debating on a small or a large roundover on the tabletop.
    I will will the stars in with red epoxy sand them flush spray on black water based stain and home I can wipe it all off the epoxy.
    I will spray it with a water based lacquer. I was not sure if bracing was needed but it was. I thought of a bottom plate to lock the legs after the fact of course (G)

Steve knight
    cnc routing

that is pretty cool!

jim

Very nice....

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

nice design

Quote Originally Posted by Angus Hines View Post
    Very nice....
    In the future it might be easier to stain, seal, rout, fill, reseal, done.
    Just make sure that you do not mix solvent based products with water based products and you will be fine.
    Jim J
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

Quote Originally Posted by James Jaragosky View Post
    In the future it might be easier to stain, seal, rout, fill, reseal, done.
    Just make sure that you do not mix solvent based products with water based products and you will be fine.
    Jim J
    the waterborne lacquer may have held up better then the wood when sanding the epoxy off. but at the time I was afraid of sanding through the stain.

Steve knight
    cnc routing