I have a 50' x 30' barn that I plan to remodel. The back half will house the shop. I'll walk through the front half of the barn to get to the double doors to the shop.

https://www.grizzly.com/shopplanner/...5-DC6DF8528C52

Starting to the left of the doors is the drill press, then wood storage along the left wall with a RAS in the middle. Back wall has another wood rack, band saw, drum sander, scroll saw, combo sander, spindle sander. Right wall work bench. I've been using a friend's shop so I don't have the tools yet. I like to make small projects and dabble into furniture.

The small square by the jointer and planer and again by the bathroom door are support posts. I'm pricing out steel beams to use as support along the ceiling in order to remove the wood posts going to the floor. This would allow more flexibility and may make it more feasible to move those tools to the perimeter.

The DC is in an attached lean-to. Bathroom could be moved to front part of barn, but would want water pipes in the insulated wall of shop if more room is needed. Getting ready to pour concrete floor over entire surface, then would like to put would on top for shop portion.

Any suggestions?