Thread: Those with garage shops there must be a better way...help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    "(the shop is in the "third car" section of our three car garage). I've added a bench, jointer and belt sander to the mix, so I have to figure out how to incorporate those into the band saw, table saw, drill press and planer I already have. " ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have a workshop in the third stall of a three car garage also. I built a wall to seperate it and mounted lumber storage to the outside of this wall. All the benches in this scetch are wall mounted so the floor is pretty clear. I installed elect. outlets evey four feet on all three walls using elect. conduit mounted outside the wall. I use shop vacs for dust control. I make small items mostly and all the equipment in this scetch is table top type except the table saw which rolls out when needed. Shelves on the full length of three walls above benches. All benches, walls, and shelves are assembled using screws and is 100% demountable for when I again move. Works well for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No PHD, but I have a DD 214

Quote Originally Posted by Jim FInn View Post
    "(the shop is in the "third car" section of our three car garage). I've added a bench, jointer and belt sander to the mix, so I have to figure out how to incorporate those into the band saw, table saw, drill press and planer I already have. " ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have a workshop in the third stall of a three car garage also. I built a wall to seperate it and mounted lumber storage to the outside of this wall. All the benches in this scetch are wall mounted so the floor is pretty clear. I installed elect. outlets evey four feet on all three walls using elect. conduit mounted outside the wall. I use shop vacs for dust control. I make small items mostly and all the equipment in this scetch is table top type except the table saw which rolls out when needed. Shelves on the full length of three walls above benches. All benches, walls, and shelves are assembled using screws and is 100% demountable for when I again move. Works well for me.
    Check out Wood Magazine's Best Home Workshop ideas. It's still on the shelves... I am wanting to build one of these...

Trying to follow the example of the master...