Thread: I won't miss Fairpoint.....

I won't miss Fairpoint.....

I was a subscriber of Verizon DSL for about 7 years before Fairpoint bought them out last month...service has gotten slower and slower until it now resembles dial-up.

You can't get them on the phone, and the online chat is never up..its a complete trainwreck...

Hopefully my comcast self install kit and Airport extreme should arrive tomorrow or friday so i can close the door on fairpoint...of course i am not sure how i cm going to cacel my service since they are completely unreachable...maybe if i just stop paying my bill they will get the hint

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morton View Post
    course i am not sure how i cm going to cancel my service since they are completely unreachable...maybe if i just stop paying my bill they will get the hint
    Usually a registered letter stating you wish to cancel the service. Someone there will need to sign for it and they can never say it was not received .

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morton View Post
    I was a subscriber of Verizon DSL for about 7 years before Fairpoint bought them out last month...
    So the WWW finally found it's way to lil'ol Vermont?

Have you looked into Verizon FiOS? If its available in your area its definitely a competitor to cable. I hope you have better service with Comcast than I have.
    -==--==--==--==--==--==--==-
    Karlan Talkington

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day,
    that my children may have peace." -- Thomas Paine

Support the Creek! Donate Today!

"You can't get them on the phone, and the online chat is never up..its a complete trainwreck..."

It seems the naysayers about Fairpoint buying out Verizon in VT were right - Fairpoint hasn't been able to handle it very well. We have Fairpoint DSL at home (for the moment), and my wife has had a horrible time with her email. As you said, reaching them by phone is a trial of patience at best...

I've used Comcast cable at my office in Burlington for years, and it's been great. The average speed is 8-10 times faster than DSL here.

Enjoy your new connection -

Jared in VT

Quote Originally Posted by Karlan Talkington View Post
    Have you looked into Verizon FiOS? If its available in your area its definitely a competitor to cable. I hope you have better service with Comcast than I have.
    Verizon sold the assets up there a while back.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

Well made the switch over this mornign and all i can say is WOW...its nice to have high speed back again. Not to mention i was able to dump my 7 year old DSL modem/router for my shiny new airport extreme N router

I was even impressed that comcast had a set up utility for the mac ..i basically unplgged the old...plugged inthe new and hit a couple of continue buttons and entered a few paswords and i was back on line in about 5 minutes.

Great, Tim. Isn't it nice when stuff actually works?
    Gene
    Life is too short for cheap tools
    GH