Thread: Poker chip case

1. Poker chip case

I've done a few poker chip cases lately. The latest was a walnut case. It is all made out of walnut. The black box was made from maple and the customer insisted on having it black lacquer, such a shame, it looked so good natural.

Very nice!

How did you do the cut for the chip trays? I've thought about it, and the conclusion I came to was a cove cut on the TS, but frankly, doing those scares the * outta me.

3. I cheated a little. I cut the chip trays on the CNC. I have done them in the past on a router table, not bad just time consuming. I did use a cove bit. When using a router table just make many passes and be carful at the end of your stock, the bit is large and aggressive and can yank the piece from you like with any large bit.

Very nice looking chip cases.

Sarge..

This type of work easily transfers into the humidor business if you ever need/want something new to try.
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Very nice work indeed. On the walnut box - how did you do the lid? It looks like solid wood as opposed to veneer. How do you account for seasonal movement?

Looking at the rest of your site, your tables are very impressive - excellent work all around.

Wow that is some amazing work on your tables. How did you do the lettering on the box CNC?
    -=Jason=-

8. Thanks guys. The engraving is done on the CNC with 90 degree bit. I have been in the table business for awhile and am expanding into other woodworking areas, the more I do the more I like. My next project will be a pool cue display case.

I've used a forstner bit the size of the chips and just drill thru a piece of stock then cut it in half to make the trays.