Thread: Finally finished

Finally finished

I installed this vanity two years ago. Without the door. My wife says no job is worth doing if it can't be left undone. This one is finally finished. I ran into a problem with the door. I only had a 2" raised panel bit. I assembled the door before routing the outside profile. So, I couldn't figure a way to do that. So, I cut out the raised panel and worked another set of stiles and rails. This time I ran the outside profile before assembly. I thought I had the stain match down, but after the polyurethane it darkened up significantly. I have yet to complete a perfect project, but I am very pleased (along with my wife) that this one is finally in the books.

I would think you could rout the outside afterwards, seems simple and straight forward to me. Just set up the bit and go around the outside. Anyway that's what I would have done.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by harry strasil; 05-10-2009 at 2:23 PM.
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

Looks good to me.

I build cabinets for a living so of course I have a couple of doors that are not done. It speaks volumes about your professionalism that you too have unfinished projects.

Larry

cabinet

Looks fine. Just curious..is that Alder?

It is cherry. I started this project at work before I built my shop. The boss started grumbling so I brought it home and stored it out under my back patio cover. It weathered one cold winter. I bought the wood about three years ago. Usually cherry stains well, but this batch turned out splotchy.