Thread: Speaking of inclusions!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Speaking of inclusions!

Here is a piece that I have been playing with for a few days, I had to get creative to keep it all together but so far so good! It is half of a nice burl from a sugar maple. It was kind of hollow and had little burls growing in th center when I cut it in half. The other half is more solid so it will be easier to work with. Anyway it is just under 18" in dia and a little over 8" high, I plan on removing the waste block and doing some hand work on the bottom,not sure what yet but it will come to me. It has lots of nice color and bark with some figured areas here and there. Lots of fun to turn but nerve racking too! I was waiting for a chunk to fly off at any moment, but it held on! What do you think so far?

Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown