Thread: Minimax T40 Shaper

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot Ferraro View Post
    That's a nice size. I have been looking at shapers and I am amazed at just how large some of the more heavy-duty units are -- some are close to four feet wide or more -- too big for my shop. I would be interested in hearing the exact dimensions once you get it set up -- height is not as important. I have seen a couple of T40's come up for sale ever so often and it might be a good fit for my shop.

Thanks...looking forward to the pics !

Scot
    You ain't kidding Scot. We have a couple of older SAC's at work, the tables are something like 34"X46" on the bigger ones. Perfect for curved work, bigger than it has to be for 80% of what it gets used for. Having moved them this winter to lay down a new shop floor, I can tell you they are heavy too. The old SAC's are nothing fancy, but they are very smooth and brutally powerful. I considered going that route in a day dream as I have seen some SAC's selling in the mid $3K range w/feeder, but I woke up when I started envisioning what it would take to get a 900# machine down a steep bilco entry. Oh, and the price of phase conversion for a 9HP machine is quite steep too. I needed a nice little flexible machine to do some side work in my home shop, I think the T40 will fit that bill nicely.

JR, thanks if you you have a way to copy the manual, and no sweat if you don't. The seller walked me through all the specifics before I left so I knew how to handle spindle changes and cutter changes. He had to think about it as he had set the machine up to cope a single cab door profile, once, and never touched it again. It still had his coping sled on it, still set to the fence!

Hi Peter,

One thing you might try is going to the MiniMax website -- they have some manuals for discontinued machines and I believe that I saw one for the T40 in Adobe.

Scot

Checked there Scott, they have the "Parts list" which is simply a booklet of schematics and part numbers, very little else. There is also an "Instrucciones" manual (it is listed as a part in the Parts list!) and that's the one I can't seem to find. I haven't tried calling minimax directly, not sure how they would respond to a guy with an old used machine looking for a manual?