View Poll Results: So who will produce your next vehicle?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Who can afford a new car?

31 30.39%
  • I'd never buy anything domestic in the first place

27 26.47%
  • I'm a GM/Chrysler guy/gal for life

13 12.75%
  • I used to drive GM/Chrysler, but will be looking at Ford products from now on.

14 13.73%
  • I have no opinion

9 8.82%
  • Why, what happened?

8 7.84%

Thread: GM vs Chrysler vs Ford vs imports

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have never owned a Checy, but i have owned a Saab( GM), and my wife has had 3 fords disintegrate on her at 75k...it oly took 3 to get her to swear off of them

So i voted " i will never buy another domestic vehicle. I'm 48...so at 3-4 cars every 10 years thats maybe 5 more cars left in my lifetime. Next one will be the mini i hope to buy this weekend..so that leaves 4 more....

I wish it were not so...but The Japanese and Europeans kick our a$$ when it comes to engineering better cars....

It doesn't take a genius (or maybe it does) to see that one key to Toyota's success is they make a wide range of vehicles. They don't bet the farm on just SUV's or just pickups or small cars or Hybrids, they build them ALL. In Detroit the short term $$$ were all that people seemed to see, so they built nothing but trucks and SUVs and or copied the same damn thing across all the brands (Chevy, Pontiac, Buick...). Sure, they make other models here and there, but they are inferior in design and not what people want in those vehicles. When will they learn? I guess they are learning now.

As for quality, I really do think the US companies can match almost anyone now, but they and the unions did themselves in years ago with all that crap. People have memories and getting burned on a major purchase hurts for a long long time. Also, quality is great, but the vehicle has to be designed for what people really want and are looking for. Duh.