Thread: Lost one of my best friends yesterday...

Lost one of my best friends yesterday...

I met him about fifteen years ago. He and I immediately hit it off. He was a very energetic youngster and I was much older. His name was Bruno and he was a beautiful Welsh terrier. My family and I thought we were bringing into our family a new pet. Little did we know that he was going to become a very valuable family member.

Over the years, we have had many good times but some bad times as well. No matter, Bruno was always there for me and my family. He always had a lick of the face or nibble of the ear for you.

Lately, time had caught up with Bruno and we knew by his arthritis racked body that he would not be with us much longer. With deep sadness and with a very heavy heart we took him to our friend and vet to put Bruno into a permanent sleep. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done.

So long old friend. Until we meet again.

Don Carter
    Last edited by Don Carter; 08-01-2009 at 4:50 PM.
    All the best.

Don

Don

My condolences to you.
    It's amazing how a dog weasels their way into your life and becomes such a central part of it. Bruno obviously became a very much loved family member of your home.
    Peace Bruno.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Don - my condolences on your loss! I understand the agony involved in taking that final trip to the Vet. May your heart and your family's heal quickly.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Don...my sympathies over the loss of your friend!

We had to do that a few years ago. Though it was painful, the joy of life had left our Samoyed's eyes.

They literally can become a member of the family.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Sorry to hear about your best friend.
    Leigh Costello
    Epilog Mini 24, 45W, Corel X4
    Smile, make them wonder what ya did.

Loses like this are never easy. My prayers with you and the family.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

7. Don, I know what you're going through. I just lost my friend of 14 years a little over a month ago. She got very sick and I didn't want to put her through another round of treatments.

Hang in there bud, and peace be with you.

My sympathy to you and your family--you lost a member of the family. We know it hurts; been there twice in the last year. We now have new rescue dogs that are quickly becoming our best friends.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

It is always a sad moment to lose such a special friend. You have my condolences.
    Someday we will all meet again at the RainbowBridge . . .
    Just this side of Heaven is a place called RainbowBridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to RainbowBridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing - they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.
    His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart. Then you cross the RainbowBridge together.
    Where's the beef.

Don,

You are in my thoughts and prayers! Mine has been gone for 2 years now. They are such special family members!

Sincerely,
    Phyllis

I too know what you are going through, and it's not fun, and it's not easy. We lost 2 last summer, 22 days apart. They were litter mates out of the first litter we bred. So we literally held them as they took their first and last breaths. I have a picture of them together taken the Christmas before we lost them on my desk at work. I still get choked up a little when I look at them.
    Time does eventually heal the hurt and you will remember the good times. But the love you have for them and the love they had for you never fades. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Thank you, so much.

I appreciate your sentiments and all the kind words. We are all grieving the loss of our beloved Bruno, but your words are comforting.

Colin, our vet is a friend of ours and he sent me a copy of the RainbowBridge. I cannot read it aloud with choking up.

Thanks Creekers.
    All the best.

Don

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Don, you have my deep condolences. We lost our beloved chocolate lab Zoe last November so I feel your pain.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Funny how to some of us our dogs become part of the family, and not just a pet, we're getting close with our dog to having to make that decision also, something we dread very much.

Our condolences and hope the memories are all good, even the sad ones.

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.