Thread: Dowel Plate Woes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You may be thinking of this online article and discussion: http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...our-own-dowels. Hey, I know one of those people!
    Steve, mostly hand tools. Click on my name above and click on "Visit Homepage" to see my woodworking blog.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that the dowel does not have to be hammered through the jig, but instead an be gripped in a drill and spun through the jig. Less violent and you can use less than perfectly straight material. The dowel will be HOT when it comes out. Lay on a flat table and roll it and it will straighten up nicely if crooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Chapel View Post
    One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that the dowel does not have to be hammered through the jig, but instead an be gripped in a drill and spun through the jig. Less violent and you can use less than perfectly straight material. The dowel will be HOT when it comes out. Lay on a flat table and roll it and it will straighten up nicely if crooked.
    Yeah, I was just asking about that about four posts up. I saw it mentioned in an issue of FWW. You've had good luck with it? I'll have to give it a try.