Thread: "Bad dog!"......Baaaaaad dog!"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"Bad dog!"......Baaaaaad dog!"

Looks like one sad, sad Dobie.

But I doubt any of our dogs wouldn't have succumbed to the same temptation, locked up night after night in a building full of chew toys.

Elvis’ Steiff Teddy Bear

While on duty protecting a rare collection of teddy bears at a children's museum in 2006, a guard dog inexplicably snapped and went on a wild rampage through the exhibit (valued at $900,000), ripping the head off a brown stuffed bear once owned by Elvis Presley.

Barney, a six-year-old Doberman pinscher, left a trail of furry limbs and fluffy stuffing in his wake. “He just went berserk," said the general manager of Wookey Hall Caves in western England.

The now-headless Elvis bear, made in 1909 and named Mabel, was valued at $75,000. "I've spoken to the bear's owner and he is not very pleased at all," the manager said. A human security guard had to chase Barney for several minutes before he was able to wrestle the four-legged offender to the ground.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-a...ry=1258;page=1
    “Perhaps then, you will say, ‘But where can one have a boat like that built today?’ And I will tell you that there are still some honest men who can sharpen a saw, plane, or adze...men (who) live and work in out of the way places, but that is lucky, for they can acquire materials for one third of city prices. Best, some of these gentlemen’s boatshops are in places where nothing but the occasional honk of a wild goose will distract them from their work.” -- L Francis Herreshoff

Blog Entries
    yikes!

And I thought I had something to complain about when the doberman we were looking after for two weeks urinated on my band saw.

At least he didn't rip the wheels off.

Regards, Rod.

Not sure why anyone would think that a dog would be the right security for a stuffed animal museum. Really, is it the dogs fault or the museums? It's like putting a 4 year old in charge of protecting a box of cookies. Sooner or later their going to give in.
    makers of fine reproduction brass & iron hardware

And who thought it was a good idea to have a dobie guard a room full of chew toys?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Lyons View Post
    And who thought it was a good idea to have a dobie guard a room full of chew toys?
    And, if the toys were so valuable why were they not behind glass?

Am I too cynical in thinking "Insurance claim?"
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

That guys facial expression says so much.

Last summer we rescued this young Dobie who spent her first 10 months of life locked in a meth lab.

Toenails worn to the quick....not housebroken....didn't know how to ride in a car....had never seen a child, rain, grass or heard a television...and totally starved for play time and attention.

Now she wants to live on top of your head...and except for a bark like an air raid siren and hackles that send 300lb bears running into the next county, would happily help human intruders empty the house and load their trucks in return for a pat and ride.

And she still follows the older dogs around like a puppy.

“Perhaps then, you will say, ‘But where can one have a boat like that built today?’ And I will tell you that there are still some honest men who can sharpen a saw, plane, or adze...men (who) live and work in out of the way places, but that is lucky, for they can acquire materials for one third of city prices. Best, some of these gentlemen’s boatshops are in places where nothing but the occasional honk of a wild goose will distract them from their work.” -- L Francis Herreshoff

Good looking Dobbie but... is that kitty a Lilac Point?

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Ferlas View Post
    Good looking Dobbie but... is that kitty a Lilac Point?
    A Blue Point Siamese. But she's also almost 18 years old.

Thanks for posting that, our newest kitten/cat is not full blooded, but definitely has that coloration. Always wondered what she was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Smalser View Post
    A Blue Point Siamese. But she's also almost 18 years old.

12. Not the dog's fault

Elvis' teddy bear probably had bacon and grape jelly drippings on it.
    Dave B - Parkville, MD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I like how the dog is still eying the chewies in the photo.