Thread: 8 to 10 inch drawer slides?

8 to 10 inch drawer slides?

Do drawer slides this short exist? I am making an end table and I want the top to slide sideways to open up a little cubby hole like the top in the picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you. Wouldn't you know they are sold out on the 7 inch ones right now.

Check woodworkers hardware...I got my 8" full ext slides from there and much cheaper than Rockler.

Quote Originally Posted by keith micinski View Post
    Thank you. Wouldn't you know they are sold out on the 7 inch ones right now.
    Looks like they are back in stock now...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Yoder View Post
    Check woodworkers hardware...I got my 8" full ext slides from there and much cheaper than Rockler.
    I second this much cheaper. Dont buy the KVs though , Blums slide better.

Well do to time constraints I think I am going to have to make the table slide front to back instead of side to side. This allows me to get slides locally and it doesn't really matter which way it opens I guess.

Unfortunately I spent an entire day trying to make my own custom system with some cheap wooden drawer slides to get the table top to slide sideways smoothly and at the end I had to give up and take it all apart. This is what I ended up going with because I needed to get it done. I think I am going to order some full depth slides in the future so that the top opens up more and I can have a second drawer for remotes to be hidden in when they are not being used. I am also going to figure out a way to use side mounted slides so that there is more room in the top of the drawer. The problem is having the table already put together I have to figure out a way to cut the back stringer accurately to allow the slides to go through it.
    Attached Images Attached Images