Thread: Air cleaning - can ANY MORE be done?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dust, dust and more dust

I have really been struggling with the dusk problem this Winter, what with the closed up shop and all. I got a bargan on some Padauk awhile back and when I saw, turn and sand it it makes a real mess, dusk covers everything. My gray hair turns orange and I can just imagine what my lungs look like.

I have a dust collector (that doesn't do that great of a job), two fans with filters attached on them to draw the dust from the air. I have a respirator, but with it you really have to suck hard to draw air. And, the throw-away type respirators fog up my glasses.

Now that Spring is here and I can open the windows and doors, I got two new floor fans (without filters) to push the dust away from my face and out the door.

thanks for the replies, guys. i knew i was not the only one with a dust problem, but wanted to see what some of you all do and i could possibly adapt to my shop-let. i do have a Jet DC, but use it primarily for my bandsaw, occasionally for other duties. the recent bout i have had with throat pain and swelling is hopefully past, and i hope i haven't done any permanent damage to myself by breathing too much dust over the past 4 years - LOML was constantly on me about it, but i'm a hammer head and don't listen too well . I see an Airstream on my XMAS list. if some of my ideas helped anyone, i'm glad.