Creekers,

I'm about to admit something painful. I may have too many tool chests. I simply can't pass one by, if its a reasonable price. I just bought yet another chest that had a few tools in it. It's a beaut. However, I don't know how to make use of all this space. I probably have enough tools to fill them all, but need some ideas on how to best utilize these spaces. I have three wall hung tool chests, three old-style tool chests, and two machinist-style chests.

I keep my measuring and layout tools in one Gerstner box, my files, screwdrivers and chisels in the Jennings machinist chest, molding and wooden planes in one old-style chest, my user metal planes in one plane till, and various and sunder other tools in the two wall hung chests. I'm at a loss as to how to utilize this new chest and how to sort my tools into easy to find storage options.

So, I guess what I'm looking for is pictures / ideas of your tool chests and tips on how to use them. I guess I could just stop buying tool chests or buy more tools, but I'm not happy with the first option and my wife won't be happy with the second.

My best,

Zach

PS Pics of all of these boxes, except the newest walnut chest, are at eatoncountywoodworker.blogspot.com