Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heads up to you laser engravers

Heads up to you laser engravers

The new Friends of The Creek directory system was started based on requests from this group. You should all know that in browse mode all of the records will be presented in the order they were created not alphabetically. This means that those who join early will have the lowest record numbers, hence the most exposure when people are browsing page after page.

You may consider this a shameless plug if you like but I felt obligated to remind everyone that waiting may not be in your best interest.

Keith

As one who supported this idea from the beginning I want to encourage everybody who has a business (hobby or full time) with a web site to sign up fast. I can say without equivocation that linking your site to SMC is productive.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

fourm

How do you sign up?
    Sandcraved Glassware, Stone and Tile
    Engraver of Coats of Arms
    Laser 60 W Xenetech XLT 2436 New Hermes IS400,7200 Glastar Mini, Scat Blast 6' cabinet.Tile saw. Corel X4 PotoGrave3 Adobe CS3,

I'm about a month out from my new site being up. If I were to buy the space now, could I reserve my spot until the site is ready to launch?
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

Robert

Use this link. http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=137709

Ross

Yes, go ahead and sign up using the link above. You can list your domain name even if you haven't activated it yet.

You can edit your listing at any time as you add or delete items or services. Be advised that when you edit the new content must be approved before your link will be active again. That will usually be done overnight but could take a little longer.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Once the PayPal transaction is complete Jackie will add an electronic key to your account here which will automatically post 365 days to your account. When that is complete you can go to the FOTC page and you will have the ability to create your record and secure the next number in the database. Don't be to concerned about what you include in your record if you are still working on your web site, you can update your record at any time adding or removing information as you see fit.

The reason we review all entries is to prevent anyone from entering inappropriate language or links to adult sites.

We review PayPal and update accounts between 3 to 6 times per day.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 04-29-2010 at 5:48 AM.

Well I just took spot #11....always one spot shy of a top ten Arrrrrggggghhhh!!!!!

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

Angus

Welcome to FOTC. My spot is being updated so it doesn't show until re-approved. But you'll just be one spot lower on the list. Still a great bargain.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Ross

Yes, go ahead and sign up using the link above. You can list your domain name even if you haven't activated it yet.

You can edit your listing at any time as you add or delete items or services. Be advised that when you edit the new content must be approved before your link will be active again. That will usually be done overnight but could take a little longer.
    Mike, I'd prefer nothing listed honestly but my space reserved. Nothing worse than someone trying to go to your website and then hitting a dead link/inactive site. They'll never visit again.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

You can write your copy and list your contact info and add the domain later.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

OK everybody needs to do this !!! I have already gotten 2 jobs because of this listing !!! Which paid for the cost of it !!!

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

Thumbs down

This wasn't what I requested! I am deeply disappointed.
    Last edited by Tim Bateson; 05-02-2010 at 11:00 AM.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bateson View Post
    This wasn't what I requested! This is nothing more than paid advertising and an embarrassment to this web forum.
    A little harsh there aren't you Tim?

It's paid advertising for a low fee that gives exposure to the entire Creek.

That's what it is. Take it or leave it.
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

Blog Entries
    Tim,

Could you elaborate? Did you expect something other than what was presented, or were you promised something other than what is being offered to everyone?

It seems pretty straightforward what is offered, so I'm having a hard time understanding what would make you feel duped.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

This is what Keith said it would be :

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    We have a project that we have been thinking about for some time that might be what some of you are looking for, it is a "Friends of The Creek List". The list would include your business name and contact information including your web link. The cost would be $50.00 per year to be included on the list which I think is inexpensive considering the link value and the exposure here. It would be tied to your login here and our accounting system for tracking purposes. I would have programming and maintenance expenses involved so I can't do it for free. A lot of people would have to sign up for this system before I can justify the cost.
    And this is what you said, Tim :

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bateson View Post
    Thanks Keith.
    Not sure where the disconnect is, but it looks like Keith did exactly what he said he was going to do, why the surprise?
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.