Machine research had me stumble upon the pump. I found it first by looking at a machine on craigslist that had one. I had never seen it. It is made by an italian company called FPZ Effepizeta www.fpz.com. They make regenerative blowers for both vaccum and pressure applications. Mine was on ebay for $300 and a $50 offer brought it home for a counter of $110 plus shipping. I have seen pictures of this pump on shopbot and K2 and several other large (hobbies large that is) CNC sites. I had never even noticed it before. the 2" NPT ports is sweet for PVC piping to a CNC table application. We will see if it works.

Build Update:

It was a HUGE day for me for parts sourcing yesterday. Thanks to SMC I sold my Delta shaper and had cash to source parts with.

On the way:

8020 and economy T-nuts from 8020-Inc Garage Sale on Ebay - 25S 25-5010 series in two pieces of 72" for Y and one piece 96" for X - I know this will not be full 4X8 but it will be a nice large size for what I want.

20 degree 20 pitch Rack from Moore Gear in the 3/4" pre drilled variety - three pieces of 72" and a piece from Wes (Joes member) in 35 15/16" plus the aligner pieces.

All my hot rolled angle iron and bearing plate aluminum from onlinemetals - just wanted to source it all at one time as local is spotty without ordering and paying even more than the site.

V-Bearings and 4 bolt flange bearings from VXB - used bing cashback and got $22 cashback!

My eccentric and concentric bushings and a 120V DIN relay from CADCAMCADCAM.

Acme Screw from McMaster

ABL and couplings from Dumpster CNC

A TON of DIN electronics parts for my electronic box from factorymation, Automation Direct, Elecdirect, Mouser (followed AdminB's BOM) that included my estop, a door mount disconnect, momentary switch, motor contactor, fuse, DIN rail and mounts, distro and grounding blocks, and wire. Definately not necessary but it will be done right and offer ease in adding expansion.

Rack and pinion parts are on their way from an order Wednesday again from cncrouterparts.

My electronics package is here (G540, power supply, Nema 23 380oz steppers, and cables) from cncrouterparts.

I have my mdf pieces and hope to get my HDPE pieces sent this week.

A lot of the $$$ hurdles are over. This build has a lot of $100,$200, and $300 digestable chunks. Cost so far according to my spreadhseet is $27875 but again that is overkill with an industrial controller box and Vaccum pump.

Still left to purchase:
Unistrut - Home depot
MDF - Menards
Base Hardware - I will be using wood I already have for it though
All my machine bolt hardware - will be bought by the pound at F&F
All thread - also F&F
K2 CNC mount
Other holdowns and T-track
Probably more I forgot but that all that will make a big machine pile of parts.

I have started making holes in my Nema 4/12 box already. That will continue today. Gotta love an air saw!