Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Epilog laser stopped firing!

Well Frank.. Doing something involving Women has always been my downfall too... Hope it's maybe something like a loose wire.. the current exchange 1,800.00 USD = 1,251.40 GBP
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Not in my country Bill. Double that figure and you still aren't there!
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Corker View Post
    Not in my country Bill. Double that figure and you still aren't there!
    What? More than $3,600 for a new tube? Are you buying a new tube or having a replacement sent in? If the Epilog tubes are over $3,000 then people better start paying close attention to that when they buy a machine. ULS would be around $1,200, and I thought Epilog was saying they were not much more expensive than ULS. If they are more than 3 times what other lasers are, then people need to know.

I thought I recall Peck saying that they had really brought the cost down on replacing tubes.

Or are you upgrading to a 60 watt to make that cost go there. If it's upgrading to the 60, then I can understand the difference.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

No. To upgrade to 60 or 75 watts you need two different motherboards, two extra fans and different powerpack. Something has happened apparently in the last few months, what I was looking to pay for an upgrade is what I am now paying for a replacement. I was told that the exchange rate has changed, but believe me, it's not that much! I can't complain though, crying as I am, Epilog have been very good sorting out other issues I had in the past. But yes, it has to be a big factoring point when pricing jobs.

So over $3,000 for a swap out for a 45 Watt tube? WOW.....
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Blog Entries
    That's about halfway to a new tube...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Gosh, Epilog replaced my 40watt tube under warranty about a year ago and I had to put up $1500 as a deposit until I returned the old tube..but $3000!!! Tell me that ain't so.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Epilog quoted me 2700.00 for replacement for my 60 watt, plus 1500.00 deposit and shipping or send in mine first and it would be 2500.00, no deposit plus shipping. Mine is working fine ( turning monitor, so it dosent see me typing) but was just courious, since this topic was going.

Epilog Fusion Fiber 30 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 75 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 60watt x 2
    Epilog 32Ex 60watt (new tube, putting out 72 watts)
    Epilog Summit 25watt x2
    IL-60 2 x 100 watts 60" x 120"
    Corel X6
    Adobe CS6 Master Edition
    "http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?id=128

I'd just like to give a hats off to the boys at Identify.co.uk for the speedy and thorough job in getting me back online. New laser installed and backup and running in 45 minutes. So far it would appear that I have the alignments all set correctly and the laser is cutting and engraving with the precision I have come to expect.

So my thanks to Epilog for getting the laser despatched so promptly and Identify for fast delivery and technical assistance.

Hip Hip Hooray ! Hip Hip Hooray ! Hip Hip Hooray !

Glad to hear you're up and running again.

So glad you're back in business before serious withdrawal kicked in... Epilog comes through again, yay!

Congrats, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

satisfied with the service you revived

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Gallo View Post
    So glad you're back in business before serious withdrawal kicked in... Epilog comes through again, yay!

Congrats, dee
    Glad your satisfied with the service you revived.
    Also glad to see you back up and running.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

Frank,

I am glad to hear you're back up and running!! I have read every post you've posted and respect the knowledge you have acquired over the years. Hate to lose you from this forum..................so how much do we owe you???

Bruce

Frank

I just went through it with my 2005 60w Helix. Mine did exactly the same as what yours did. There was no warning at all. Except mine was during a job. It stopped firing half way through a job.
    One thing that I did notice prior to the jobs being started is that some of the times, the laser would not fire right off the bat, it would run 15 or so seconds before starting. That would be my only guess as to thinking the laser tube was starting on it's mortal end.
    After two laser tubes, a mother board, and wiring harness. We did get the problem resolved.
    It was a laser tube. The first one that was sent to me did not work. Then they sent me the mother board, and wiring harness. Then after sending out the second tube. We did get it to fire.
    Therefore returning the original tube, the first replacement that was sent out, a motherboard, and harness.
    The both Dan and Ian at Epilog tech support did a great job and assisting me in getting me back in business and the laser aligned. So, $2,911.82 later. We are up and running. It is one of those dreaded things that you know is coming and really dread it when it finally comes. Also, now the laser starts to fire once the job starts, not the 10 -15 second delay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jamie Fowler
    Woodshop Specialties
    Cheyenne, WY

James mine did start to take a little longer before initially starting off but it was very much dependent on the ambient temperature in my cabin. It also isn't uncommon for other users to have the same thing with theirs, but to suddenly stop working was a little alarming to say the least.

Getting back up and running was the most impressive thing of all, the guys at Identify and Epilog certainly don't hang about, so still very impressed with them and why I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them.