Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Possible to OD on David Marks?

Peter, I had difficulty dropping from the Direct TV Tivo to the VCR at first. I finally figured you need to have the 'channel' on the VCR to Line 1.

Not sure where you are hung up, so I'll take it from the top, but basically, you should have three lines coming out of your TIVO (or other brand of PVR). They are Left/Right Audio and a Video. Plug each of them into the corresponding jack on the back of your VCR. It's probably labeled 'Line 1 In' or similar'. If line 1 is already in use, jump to line 2. Just be sure when you go to record you have the 'channel' set to the appropriate line.

Hal & Lars,

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to have to play with it some more. I thought I had my cables hooked up right, maybe I didn't have the VCR on the right channel. I used the VCR to record from the Old Digital (HD) Cable Box so I thought it would be a no brainer. Didn't check the VCR channel though. I've been recording quite a bit with the DVR but I just watch them then delete them. I still have a few I'd like to save though. I think the best setup is what Hal wants to do, save them to his PC. Would be neat to edit out the commercials then save them to a DVD. Let us know if the firewire works, heard not all features are functional on the Motorola DVR's.

thanks, Pete

I have a couple dozen of David's shows recorded to computer (mpgs). I go back to them a lot.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1