Thread: adirondack bench/love seat (photo warning)

adirondack bench/love seat (photo warning)

Well, after 2 months of hemming and hawing, we finally built the thing. My mom had promised my sister we would build a bench for her birthday, (which was at the end of april) but one delay lead to another, and it didn't get done until a week or so ago.
    The wood is called Radiata Pine at the local lumber yard. (well most of it, they stopped carrying it mid-project, and we wound up missing a number on the plans when figuring up materials, and had to substitute some other pine)

The finish is a custom tinted Minwax water based stain, and a coat of Teak oil. (that Teak oil went badly, my mom was in a rush and didn't read the can well, and neglected to note that you apply then wipe off excess, so there are some shiny spots, with some blown grass and whatnot stuck sandpaper may fix it)

assembly was done with stainless steel torque screws because my sister lives in humid east texas, and i wanted to limit the staining from the hardware as long as possible. 20$ a box for those screws! worth it in the end i think though.

despite the flaws in the finish, i'm pretty happy with it.

Sorry about the block of photos, the file manager decided to hate me today.
    Last edited by Jacob Robinson; 06-19-2010 at 7:44 PM.

Looks real nice Jacob, I'm sure your sister will enjoy it...