Thread: Coolmeadow Creations Shop Rehab

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jim,

I won't have a headroom issue, that's for sure. I'm planning to run as much as I can up in the attic space, only coming through the ceiling for drops.

I see you're going to have all that pipe connected to a Clearvue...hope you don't get dizzy watching the dust swirl 'round...

- Marty -

That's what the closet door is supposed to take care of! I actually looked into some clear pipe, but it was over 100.00 for 10'. Saw dust is not that fun to watch!!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Well, things have been going slowly again. I'm still working on the cyclone ducting. I had the TS duct done except for the hood and the flex hose. Got the hood outlet enlarged from the 2 1/2" hose for the shop vac, to the 6" hook up for the cyclone today. It will take several layers of silicone to solidify it in place. (Picture 1) I also made a bridge clamp out of a regular band clamp and some spare metal. $1.50 instead of $7.00 to $9.00 each. I think it will work. Need to cut some flex and work it over the pipe to make sure. (Picture 2) Then I got a better idea for hanging my blast gate that will serve a dual role as the quick disconnect for the TS down pipe so I can move things out of the way and get my van under cover in case hail is forcasted. I had used bungee cords at first, but wasn't happy with the stability of it. In the change I used a different blast gate, and the down pipe is slightly too short. I needed one more pipe to finish everything anyway, so I will re-cut this from the new pipe. (Picture 3) I used the now too short pipe to plug into the spot to the left of the box bay window, but it won't stay put for pictures and I didn't have anything to prop it up with, so it's not in the picture showing the pipe going to that wall. (Picture 4)
    I should have bought a round electrical box while at HD today for the work light I will put in the DC closet, but forgot to. I did work on a way to seal off the back of the contractor saw, and got the parts for that. It will take a while to fabricate, and may not work. But I'm hopeful for a really ingenious solution. We'lll see.

Well, that's it for my weekend. Hope you've had a good one! Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.