Thread: Out Feed Roller Table Review

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Out Feed Roller Table Review

Bought an out feed roller table over the weekend. I had looked for quite a while for some information on the install, function, and adjustability of this type table. People I talked to said it would work, but I hadn’t seen one installed. I generally like to know how it works before I get something so there are no surprises. It is just how I am.

So here goes with a review. Hopefully someone else will find the information useful.

Table is HTC model number <b>HOR-1038U</b>. I installed the table on my Powermatic 66 saw. The unit comes in two boxes. One with the roller table in it, the other with the mounting bracket, support arm and hardware.

<b>Dimensions:</b>
    Roller table (outside dimensions): 37” wide X 31<sup>3</sup>/<sub>8</sub>” deep
    From edge of rear of saw table to rear edge of first roller (when table is lowered): 9½”
    From edge of rear of saw table to rear of farthest roller (when table is raised): 39<sup>3</sup>/<sub>8</sub>”
    Facing the saw, the left edge of the roller table is even with the left edge of the extension wing.

When lowered, the bottom roller is enough above the factory dust collection port that it will not interfere with the hose.

The directions specifically mention existing holes in Unisaw cabinets, so the installation on a Unisaw may be even easier. This unit will fit most every 10” cabinet saw made.

If you have a sliding table, the <b>HOR-1026U</b> is not as wide and will let the slider go by.

<b>Use:</b>
    From the lowered position raise the roller table by standing behind the saw and lifting. The support arm will automatically drop in place. To lower the table, raise it slightly, then push the middle of the support arm with your foot to release it. The support arm will fold and the table can be lowered.

The height of the table may be easily lowered to allow use of a miter gauge or cut off sled. Simply loosen two knobs, the cams drop <sup>3</sup>/<sub>8</sub>” and the table is now at the bottom of the miter gauge slots in the saw table. Returning to full height is just as easy.

After the table was installed, I ripped a 4x8 sheet of ¾” plywood by myself. Then kicked myself for not getting one of these sooner.

<b>Installation:</b>
    The mounting bracket attaches to the back of the saw with two horizontal arms. The upper arm is attached with stud pads mounted inside the saw cabinet. Mounting requires drilling four <sup>11</sup>/<sub>32</sub>” holes in the correct location 3½” from the top surface of the saw table and inserting the stud pads through the holes from the inside of the saw cabinet. A template is provided to accurately locate the holes.

Then the cams for adjusting the height of the table are installed in the mounting bracket followed by the table. Roller installation is simple. The axels are spring loaded and pop into their mounting holes easily.

With the table in the lowered position, the height of the top roller is adjusted to be level with the top surface of the saw. This is done by gradually tightening the four mounting stud nuts while checking the roller level with the saw table.

Add the support arm and adjust it through use of an adjustment bolt and sliding assembly at the bottom of the mounting bracket. Tighten the two bolts that hold the sliding assembly in place.

All that remains is to drill two more holes in the saw cabinet to attach the lower arm of the mounting bracket.

<b>Pictures:</b>
    Photo #1 - Side top mounting bracket and cam adjustment
    Photo #2 - View of stud plate from the inside
    Drawing #3 - Overall view from manufacturer
    Photo #4 - Top mounting bracket (one side)

Ted Shrader
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ted Shrader; 12-06-2004 at 9:44 PM.